What is Social Responsibility (SR)..?
• Social responsibility is an ethical ideology or
theory that an entity- organization or individual,
has an obligation, to act, to benefit society at
• To maintain a balance between the economy and
• 2 ways
• Active &
• There are criticisms.
Characteristics of SR
Individual Social Responsibility (ISR)
• One’s own
• Learned from
family, etc. …
• By donating,
Student Social Responsibility (SSR)
• Starts from studentship.
• Based on individual ethics learned from
schools, teachers, friends, culture, society,
• Trained from the social activities conducted in
• Also called corporate conscience, corporate
responsible business or Responsible Business.
• CSR is a process with the aim to embrace responsibility
for the company's actions and encourage a positive
impact through its activities on the environment,
all other members of the public sphere.
• A more common approach of CSR is philanthropy. This
includes monetary donations and aid given to local
organizations and impoverished communities in
Some Real time happenings due to CSR
Ford has engaged in
a no.of CSR activities
around the globe in
helping and serving
various groups and
culture of people.
•Medical facilities for
Bhat Biotech, Chennai
Helping children in studies
classes for children
Awareness on various
• Each Company carries
on CSR activities with
To raise their
reputation with the
public or with
To distract the public
from shooting ethical
questions posed by
their core operations.
• Philanthropism to non-governmental nonprofitable organisations charitable trusts like
• CRY- Child Rights and You,
• Save the Children
• CSR promotes NGOs.