Ei

1,021 views
980 views

Published on

Published in: Education
1 Comment
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,021
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
78
Comments
1
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Ei

  1. 1. For Self and Business Improving<br />Emotional Intelligence<br />SHINE A LIGHT ON YOUR BUSINESS<br />
  2. 2. Objectives<br />At the end of this session, you will be able to …<br /><ul><li>State what is Emotional Intelligence and explain why is it important
  3. 3. List the three emotional skills managers should know and how does that affect there work</li></li></ul><li>Table of Contents <br />
  4. 4. The ability to …<br /><ul><li>Understand the needs and feeling of oneself and other people.
  5. 5. Manage one’s own feeling
  6. 6. Respond to others in appropriate ways.</li></ul>What is Emotional Intelligence<br />Introduction – Definition and Meaning<br />
  7. 7. Basic Emotions<br />Joy<br />Surprise<br />Love<br />Disgust<br />Fear<br />Sadness<br />Anger<br />“Amygdala”<br />Is the most elemental part of the brain which is linked with the person’s mental and emotional state.<br />
  8. 8. Components of the Emotional Intelligence<br />
  9. 9. IQ V/S EQ<br />(intelligence Quotient v/s Emotional Quotient )<br />Most Research shows that IQ can help you be successful to the extent of 20percent only on life.<br />The rest of the 80 percent success depends on your EQ<br />
  10. 10.
  11. 11. Emotional Skills Managers should Learn <br />Emotional Competency<br />Emotional Maturity<br />Emotional Sensitivity<br />
  12. 12. Emotional Competency<br />Tackling Emotional Upsets<br />High Self-esteem<br />Handling Egoism<br />Handling Inferiority Complex<br />
  13. 13. Emotional Maturity<br />Self-Awareness<br />Developing Others<br />Adapting and being flexible<br />
  14. 14. Emotional Sensitivity<br />Understanding threshold of emotional stimulation<br />empathy<br />Improving interpersonal relationships<br />Communicability of Emotions<br />
  15. 15. Applying EQ in Business Organizations<br />Human Resources Planning<br />Job Profiling<br />Recruitment interviewing<br />Management Development<br />Corporate culture<br />Emotional Support<br />Leadership<br />
  16. 16.
  17. 17.
  18. 18. Nine Strategies for promoting emotional Intelligence<br />Taking the time for mindfulness<br />Recognizing and naming emotions<br />Understanding the causes of feelings<br />Differentiating between emotions and the need to take action<br />Preventing depression through Optimism<br />Managing anger through learned behavior or distraction techniques<br />Listening for the lessons of feelings<br />Using the gut feeling in decision making<br />Developing Listening skills<br />
  19. 19. Thank You<br />Emotional Intelligence<br />

×