Who are aircraft mechanics?
• They are the ‘doctors’ of heavier than air-flying
machines, i.e aeroplanes, helicopters, airships in civil
and military aviation.
• The life, safety and comfort of everyone who flies are
in the hands of aircraft mechanics. Because of that,
the job of aircraft mechanics is keeping aircrafts in
peak operating conditions and airworthy.
What kind of categories exist?
• Depending on the skills aircraft technicians
can work different parts of maintenance. To
be an authorised certifying staff in the
relevant part(s) following license categories
What are the requirements?
• To be a certifying staff who can release an aircraft
after maintenance following requirements shall
• Proving of knowledge by examination
• Experience on maintenance
• Authorisation from maintenance organisation
according to regulations
• The requirements are defined in EASA Part 66
which a certifying staff should comply with.
How to prove the knowledge?
• There are two ways to prove knowledge, one
in with long-term courses and another by only
modular examinations, within the structure of
EASA Part 147 approved organisations.
How long experience required?
• The experience duration varies depending on
education. Relevant technical training,
academical degree or EASA Part 147 approval
trainings can reduce the duration. It should be
noted that his experience period should be
spent in a Part 145 maintenance organisation
that is approved by EASA or local authority.
The way to be authorised
• After a person gains EASA Part 66 AML, he/she
needs to be authorised by the organisation to
release an aircraft to service. Authorisation
means the license holder is a specialist in one
or more type of aircraft. To be an authorised
certifying staff a type course of relevant type
of aircraft should be taken.
How can an AML be extended?
• To extend an AML meaning that another
category will be taken in addition to the
current category in the license, difference
exams should be passed and required
experience in relevant category should be
When, where, how we do it?
• Within the structure of Gold Air Training
Center you can plan your career as an aircraft
mechanic/avionic/engineer with the aid of any
of different training solutions and by adding
type courses into your existing license, which
are customer oriented, flexible and high level,
whenever and wherever you want.
• For more details please contact us.