• After the death of Aurangzeb in 1707 AD. Bahadur shah ascended the throne .When Bahadur shah ascended the throne he was 65 years old. During his rule saw the rising power of the Marathas and Sikhs .He died in 1712 AD.
• Shah Alam was deposed by Jahander shah. During his reign saw the rise sayyid brothers . These sayyid brothers were more powerful than the king and they killed him within a year.
Sayyid brothers became more powerful than the king that they were able to put anybody on the mughal throne and remove who displeased. They were also known as king makers.
A TABLE OF LATER MUGHAL RULERS• SHAH ALAM • AD 1707- 1712• JAHANDER SHAH • AD 1712- 1713• FARRUKHSIYAR • AD 1713- 1719• MUHAMMAD SHAH • AD 1719- 1748• AHAMAD SHAH • AD 1748- 1754• ALAMGIR • AD 1754- 1759• SHAH ALAM • AD 1759- 1806• AKBAR • AD 1806- 1837• BAHADUR SHAH ZAFAR • AD 1837- 1857
PERSIAN INVANSIONS NADIR SHAH
• Nadir shah invaded India and plundered the wealth of Delhi and took back with him the Kohinoor diamond and the peacock throne.
AWADH• AWADH WAS PROSPEROUS AREA ON THE FERTILE FLOOD PLAIN OF THE GANGA• AD 1721 the zamindars of Awadh rose in rebellion ,they refused to pay taxes to the mughal• so AD1722,Saadat Khan ,the leader of irani group of nobles .He was successful in putting down the revolts in Awadh.• AD1748 Saadat Khan helped in fighting against Nadir shah
• He was succeeded by his son-in-law safdarjung in AD 1739.• Emperor Ahmad shah made safdarjung ,wazir and he took the name of nawab-wazir. safdarjung
HYDERABAD• Qamaruddin Chin Qilich khan was the leader of the Turani group of nobles, was appointed in AD 1713 as the viceroy of the Deccan. In AD 1722 he was made the wazir at Delhi by the emperor Mohammad shah .• When he tried to restored order in Delhi, he met with opposition and resentment.• Disappointed ,he returned to Hyderabad. He established the kingdom of Hyderabad in AD 1724 and ruled it in an semi-independent manner.
• Qilich khan had to deal with frequent raids of the Marathas .he had to maintain a friendly relations with both the mughal emperor in one hand and the Marathas on the other hand
BENGALThe independent state of Bengal was founded by Murshid Kuli Khan .he was first appointed by the mughal emperor as its diwan and later elevated to Bengal.He shifted his capital to Murshidabad . After Kuli khan passed away his son shujauddaulah next governor.Alivardi khan defeated Shujaiddaulah and Shujaiddaulah went back on a promise of paying the taxes.Then Shujaiddaulah was ascended the throne by Sirajuddaulah.
• Under him Bengal became very rich and therefore it was first state that was attacked and captured by British.Murshid KuliKhan shujauddaulah Sirajuddaulah
SIKHS• The fifth Sikh guru ,guru Arjan dev, compiled the teachings of earlier gurus called the guru granth sahib .he also built the golden temple and the Har Mandir Sahib at Amritsar.• The ninth Sikh guru teg bahadur was put to death by Aurungzeb .• This angered the Sikhs and tenth guru gobind Singh . He transformed the Sikhs to militant sect called Khalsa• And he died in 1708 then it was lead by Banda Bahadur
• Their army consisted on several well trained compact units called misls.• Under the leadership of Maharaja Ranjit Singh Sikhs reached the height of glory. Maharaja Ranjit guru Arjan dev guru teg bahadur Singh
guru gobind singh
MARATHAS• The Maratha are an Indian caste, predominantly in the state of Maharashtra. The term Maratha has three related usages: within the Marathi speaking region it describes the dominant Maratha caste; outside Maharashtra it can refer to the entire regional population of Marathi-speaking people; historically, it describes the Maratha empire founded by Shivaji in the seventeenth century and continued by his successors, which included many castes.• They primarily reside in the Indian states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Gujarat, Karnataka and Goa. Those in Goa and neighboring Karwar are known specifically as Konkan Marathas as an affiliation to their regional and linguistic alignment. The Dhangar Ahirs of Indore calls themselves as Marathas. 
• Under the rule of Shivaji the Marathas reached the height of glory.• He was well trained in guerilla warfare. Shivaji