A real estate presentation given at Keller Williams Realty in Marysville Washington for beginners on how to get started blogging, what blogging software is available, and some various real estate
A real estate presentation given at Keller Williams Realty in Marysville Washington for beginners on how to get started blogging, what blogging software is available, and some various real estate topics.
1. The Basics of Blogging Get Started, Get Noticed, Get Going Part 1 – 1.4.2011
2. The Basics of Blogging Introduction to Blogging Blog for Business Blog Software Blog Topics Blog Structure Blog Do’s & Don’ts Blog Communities
3. Introduction to Blogging What is Blogging? Typical Blog Characteristics Encourages Community & Discussion Encourages Social Media Sharing Foundation Online Marketing
4. Blogging for Business Why Real Estate Blogging? Majority of all homebuyers search real estate online. Brands the REALTOR ® as the local expert. Demonstrates the REALTOR® ‘s knowledge of the real estate transaction Consumer can Learn more about Real Estate and Pre-Qualify Agents Builds trust with Potential Clients Cost Effective Lead Generation
5. Search Engine Benefit Websites are Regularly Updated Increased Search Engine Rankings Naturally Builds Highly Related Keyword Rich Content Ease of use to Syndicate Content Increased Exposures for RE Listings
6. Blogging Software Wordpress: www.wordpress.org Blogspot: www.blogger.com ActiveRain: www.activerain.com TypePad: www.typepad.com All networks are free though Wordpress is, in my opinion, the best solution.
7. Blog Topics: Say Something Real Estate Statistics Market Trends Breaking News Buyer & Seller Tips Open Houses & Property Tours Home Selling Checklists Recreational Activities & Events Share Pictures
8. Simple Blogging Structure 5 Paragraphs in Total: Not a Novel Opening Paragraph: Tell them What Your Going to Tell Them…aka...Topic Content Paragraphs: Tell Them About the Topic…4 Paragraphs Closing Paragraph: Tell Them What You Just Told Them.
9. Blogging Do’s Blog Regularly Stay Focused on the Topic Leverage Personal Experiences Engage the Audience Provide Useful Information Provide Help and Resources Find a Niche!
10. Blogging Don’ts Automatic Blogging Software Automatic Commenting Software Spam Other Blogs with Anchor Text and Comments Blog on Politics, Religion, or Non Real Estate Related Controversial Topics Use of to many Widgets & Gadgets Name Calling and Finger Pointing
11. Local Blog Communities ActiveRain.com: Founded in Bellevue and currently the largest collection of RE.net bloggers. RainCityGuide: Founded in Seattle and is one of the most successful group blogs in the real estate community. CitizenRain: A collection of blogs from around the community in a syndication feed
12. You Have Questions - Answers not Guaranteed
13. Next Week Social Media and Web Based Marketing Facebook Twitter Digg Flickr YouTube Foursquare … SHARING & SYNDICATION