2. Skill Set Learning Management Platforms: eCollege WebCT Blackboard Angel Software and Applications: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, OneNote, Project, SharePoint Graphic Design: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Lectora, Microsoft Image Composer, Microsoft Photo Editor, Snagit, Web Design: HTML, XML, PHP Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Basic Flash, CSS ELearning: Articulate, Audacity, Raptivity, Respondus, Captivate, Camtasia, Jing, KAAT, Codebaby, Lectora, Collaborate, Xtranormal, Vimeo Video Production: IMovie, Final Cut Pro, ISpeak Video
3. Education Nova Southeastern University Fort Lauderdale, FL Ed.D Instructional Technology and Distance Education July 2006 Thesis: Wireless Implementation: The Impact of Ubiquitous, Portable Computing on the Learning Environment. Nova Southeastern University Fort Lauderdale, FL Ed.S Educational Specialist Computer Information Systems July 2001 Birmingham University Birmingham, UK Master of Education July 1993 Birmingham City University Birmingham, UK Bachelor of Education July 1985 Aston University Birmingham, UK Advanced Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language August 1996
4. 2012 Blackboard Exemplary CourseAward WinnerNUR 551: Teaching and LearningTheory in Clinical Nursing Education
5. Instructional Designer for the Robert Wood Johnson Pre- Entry Immersion Program (PIP) Online Toolkit 2012 Designed as an enhancement to the traditional Pre-Entry Immersion Program, PIP On-Line is intended to meet the needs of both grantees and scholars, allowing both to engage in pre-entry activities before beginning an accelerated nursing program. In this first year, PIP On-Line will include learning modules consistent with the PIP Toolkit. These modules will be interactive and feature videos, PowerPoint presentations ,questionnaires and more. The learning units will include Developing Survival Skills, Medical Terminology, and Welcome to Nursing.
6. Lead faculty in the Masters in Education in Instructional Technology The program’s core courses teach design and development skills in the areas of technology, pedagogy, and management principles and practices. In addition, students can choose to further focus their studies in public and private learning environments, educational institutions, and corporate and military contexts by choosing a specialization that best fits your career goals. Design, develop, and implement instructional materials and solutions that both integrate learning technology and align with learning outcomes. Analyze learning contexts to develop appropriate, workable instructional solutions. Plan, manage, lead, and evaluate instructional design and technology projects and programs. Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design and learning technology integration.