Earthquakes: Where will they happen next? By Jacob Kalt
10. On the Arabian Plate, African Plate, and Eurasian Plate <ul><li>There have been very big and significant earthquakes around this area. Also, it has a convergent plate boundary. </li></ul>
9. Southern Panama <ul><li>I think that there will be an Earthquake here soon because it is on a convergent plate boundary and there have been Earthquakes close around this area. </li></ul>
8. South Western South America <ul><li>There have been a large amount of serious and recent Earthquakes north of this area and a few serious ones in this area, however, there have been no recent Earthquakes here. </li></ul>
7. Australia <ul><li>There have been a few big/significant earthquakes in Australia in history, but not many have been recent. It is also relatively close to a Convergent boundary where many Earthquakes happen. </li></ul>
6. The Cocos Plate <ul><li>There have been quite a few big Earthquakes here in the past, but most of them have not been recent. </li></ul>
5. Philippine and Pacific Plate Boundary <ul><li>There have been many large Earthquakes here, not many of them recent. Also, it is on a convergent plate boundary. </li></ul>
4. Eastern Russia <ul><li>There is a Convergent boundary and there have been quite a few significant Earthquakes here in history. </li></ul>
3. South/Central Africa <ul><li>There have been a sum of big Earthquakes here, but not many recent, serious Earthquakes here. </li></ul>
2. Scotia/Antarctic Plate <ul><li>It is on a convergent boundary. Also, many big and significant Earthquakes have occurred here, but only a few small recent ones. </li></ul>
1. Antarctic Plate and Australian Plate <ul><li>There have been significant Earthquakes by the purple transform boundaries, but only one recent one. I think that we are due for an Earthquake here. </li></ul>
What have you learned about earthquakes and earthquake prediction? <ul><li>One major thing that I learned about Earthquakes and Earthquake Prediction is that most Earthquakes happen on Convergent Plate Boundaries. Also, I had no idea at all that this many Earthquakes happen every day. The number of Earthquakes with a magnitude of 4.0 and greater per year can be over 12,000 Earthquakes! </li></ul>
What factors influence earthquake prediction? <ul><li>Many factors influence earthquake prediction. Some of these include: the type of plate boundary, the number of earthquakes that occurred in the area in the past, and other things. </li></ul>
Where on Earth do most of the really big earthquakes occur? <ul><li>Most large earthquakes on our planet occur on convergent plate boundaries. Some areas with that have large earthquakes often, according to my map, include Japan, Latin America, Indonesia, or Southern Europe. </li></ul>
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.