3. Educational researchers and practitioners alike assert that the potential of new technologies for learning is likely to be found not in the technologies themselves but in the way in which these technologies are used as tools for learning(Means & Olson, 1995; Owston, 1997; Valdez et al., 1999).
5. SITES FOR STUDENTS MUST BE: Uncluttered Curriculum or Learning-rich Interactive Engaging Child-friendly
6. FINDING LINKS IS THE EASY PART... But can be time consuming!
7. READ WRITE THINKhttp://www.readwritethink.org/
8. MATH MANIPULATIVEShttp://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.ht ml
9. COLLABORATIVE WRITINGTitan Pad: http://glovely.titanpad.com/1 (pass word is letmein )
10. SPOKEN WORD, SHAREDVoiceThread http://voicethread.com/share/16650 90/ http://voicethread.com/share/33650 2/ Best with a paid subscription ($60 yr)
11. VOICETHREADVoicethread Book Reviews: http://voicethread.com/?#q+books.b 56011.i289587Images as Stories:http://voicethread.com/?#u7792.b467 31.i244229
12. SHARED AND COLLABORATIVE WRITINGStixyhttp://www.stixy.com/guest/102984(password is letmein)Refresh to see posts by others.
13. WHAT CREATES ENGAGEMENT?ChoiceSocial Needs/GroupsAppropriate ChallengeGoals
14. PROVIDE CHOICESNot what is learned, but how it is learned and how students will show you what they know...
15. HOW DO YOU GIVE CHOICES?QR Code “key rings”Website choices on DesktopClass Website ( http://yola.com )Something else? (http://fur.ly/ )
16. WHAT CREATES ENGAGEMENT?Social Needs/GroupsAppropriate ChallengeGoals
17. TEAMS AND PARTNERS
18. Expect and encourage students to help each other.No touching classmates’ computers or technologies.
19. TURN TAKING…Check listSticks in a CupCircle ChartElectronic name pickers http://classtools.net/main_area/template_loader.htm?fruit _machine http://www.barryfunenglish.com/tools.php http://www.superteachertools.com/classroom-tools/group- maker.php
20. SECOND DAY OF SCHOOL…
21. WHAT CREATES ENGAGEMENT?Appropriate ChallengeGoals
22. TASKS, NOT BUSY WORKClearly DefinedAppropriate for the learnerPurposefulHave a beginning, middle and end
23. TASK SUPPORTPowerPoint task cards printedQR Codes to sites
24. BUILD WITH SHAPEShttp://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/misc/games/misc-shapestore
25. TASK SUPPORTOnline AnnotationsVideo Reminders or Tutorials
35. RUBRICS“A rubric is an explicit summary of the criteria for assessing a particular piece of student work, plus levels of potential achievement for each criterion.” (source)But really RUBRICS are time-savers!Rubistar is a GREAT time saver!
36. PBL CHECKLISTSStudent Accountability (English and Spanish)http://pblchecklist.4teachers.org/
37. SHIFT AND RETURN….
38. Eventually one of your goals should be students self-selecting tools to use to achieve their goals....
39. THERE IS NO FAILURE, ONLY ATTEMPTSAND UNEXPECTED OUTCOMES.