NAEYC and Fred Rogers Center
• When used intentionally and appropriately, technology and interactive
media are effective tools to support learning and development.
• Intentional use requires early childhood teachers and administrators to
have information and resources regarding the nature of these tools and
the implications of their use with children.
• Limitations on the use of technology and media are important.
• Special considerations must be given to the use of technology with
infants and toddlers.
• Attention to digital citizenship and equitable access is essential.
• Ongoing research and professional development are needed.
Application of Apps
Apps and Application of Apps
Educational researchers and practitioners alike assert that
the potential of new technologies for learning is likely to be
found not in the technologies themselves but in the way in
which these technologies are used as tools for learning
(Means & Olson, 1995; Owston, 1997; Valdez et al., 1999).
From NCREL: http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/areas/issues/content/cntareas/reading/li300.htm
Watch and Ask.
The Camera (built-in)
Used with permission from BeckyandJames.com
Kindergarten Students Building their own…
Explain Everything ($)
(This is MY favorite App of ALL!)
Real Teachers – Examples
First Year with iPads
More Experienced Teachers