Proposals for the transboundary water cooperation programme_natalia alexeeva_30 aug
Proposals for the Transboundary Water
Senior Networking Officer, GWP Secretariat
• Living with UNWC and UNECE Water Conventions, other
regional treaties and agreements – implementation guidance,
Technical Focus Paper (TFP)
• Case-studies from several basins and regions – later on
maybe also stand-alone Policy Briefs
• Tailor-made trainings:
• Dundee programme
• Regional (LA) activities
• Maybe national if relevant
• On-line programme
Interplay of water and marine law – for costal zones and island
International Water Law
• SITWA implementation plus expanding similar activities
to other regions, partnership development (with GEF?
EC? UNECE, INBO)
• Inter-regional exchange on TW best practices and
experience (for example, GWP-MED with CACENA)
Supporting Transboundary Water Cooperation
• Drin/GEF project implementation – and sharing related
experience with other regions/basins
• Water cooperation between the provinces and regions in
the federal states?
• Groundwaters, surface waters and borders –
management practices and related developments?
IWRM in TW/TB context
• Discussions at the CP meeting/Sunday and Strategy
event at the World Water Week
• All inputs from the regions and CWPs are really welcome
– by October?
• Draft is shared for comments (mid-October?)
Needs to be cooridnated and considered in line with
other programs and related developments
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.