1. Transformational Technologies andCreating new demand for ICT services - The Future of Broadband and ICT - Gerd LeonhardFuturist (Media & Communications) CEO of The Futures Agency Author & Think-Tank Leader
2. TeleMediaTelecom Media Convergence
3. This year’s biggest driver...?
4. Broadcast « » Broadband Social Networks = CableTV without the Cable Source: Monty.de
5. The future is already here...
6. Real Digital Natives
7. The Networked Society Broadband Culture
8. Drivers of Broadband Content Open StandardsData Control SustainabilityEcosystems Balance Equality Innovation Mobile Interdependence
10. People of the Cloud...will expect a lot more than mere ‘distribution’
11. TV you can read, Newspapers you can watch
12. Whatever can go digital... will go digital
13. Useless without content - and...Useless without connectivity !
14. Sharing is and will remain a key driver Image via Flickr.com/rubicon
15. Piracy: failed business models + faster networks + cheaper devices CEO of MacMillan UK, April 2011, via PaidContent.org
16. Content 2.0:Access not Copy
17. Rebirth of the content business
18. ETA: 3 years
19. Masses of NichesSource: thecarbonara blog
20. More and more ‘real’ content ‘over the top’
21. The problem is not the ‘pay’ - it’s the wall!Source:
22. A new standard in a hyper-connected economy:
23. Data& Control
24. “Minority Report” is becoming reality
25. Standards Transparency Trust Guarantees Interoperability The Commons
26. ...this cannot all be about commercial gains...
27. Who decides...?
28. A very important trend...
30. The Future: ‘Inter-Connected Business Models’
31. Not value chains but value cycles (*Umair Haque) (*Umair Haque)
32. A new ICT | Media | AdvertisingEcosystem
33. TeleMedia Futures: a new ECOsystem Content (Creators, Publishers, Advertisers Distributors)Telcos & Opera- Device tors Makers Search & Tech Social Networks i.e. Media 2.0
34. Legal, easy and affordable availability of contentis a major factor in broadband uptake (and society!) source: flickr.com/sameli
35. Telemedia Futures: OTT Bundled Masses of NichesFreemium Going Direct Standardized Licenses source: flickr.com/sameli
38. Dramatically increased importance of Mobile Broadband
40. Obsession with Control inevitably leads to declineSource: ARS
41. One to many Many to Many
42. “The people formerly known as consumers”
43. Open Open LicensesTechnologies Ultra-fast Broadband OpenOpen Policies Business Models
44. Not sustainable
45. Welcome to the new worldview: ECOsystems Good luck. Protection breaks the EcoSystem
46. Urgent: Copy(Usage)-Right for a digital ecosystem
49. A slew of new, unprecedent ‘digital society challenges’
50. And considerable confusion
52. Complete Reboot of Education and Learning
54. A Serious Paradigm Challenge Source: Tiffany Shlain: ‘Connected - The Movie’Source: Monty Metzger Monty.de