Some Some key points from this presentation (see more at www.mediafuturist.com):
* An actual distinction between ‘Copy’ vs ‘Performance’ of music no longer exists
* Even if that difference could be maintained: the ‘Selling of Copies’ of music (CDs or downloads) is no longer a growing business, or a sustainable model
* The exclusive right to ‘make copies’ is becoming impossible to enforce
* Criminalization of Sharing and Policing of Web-Access is not the kind of ‘Justice’ our society can afford (see my response to Paul Mc Guinness' speech at Midem 2008 here)
* New Permissions & ‘Usage-Rights’ for Digital Music can and will solve this problem
* Do we want the Fair Remuneration of the Creators or do we prefer - at all costs - to maintain the Industry’s Control over the Users fka Consumers?