5. they’re not so fond of science, math orEnglish either
6. and they’re not alone
7. “I have to powerdown when I get toschool.”HS student
8. “Today’s studentsare no longer thepeople oureducational systemwas designed toteach.”Marc Prensky
9. find abuddy!
10. “If you wanted tocreate an educationalenvironment that was directly opposed towhat the brain is good at doing . . .
11. “. . . you wouldprobably designsomething like amodernclassroom.”John MedinaBrain Rules
12. so what?
13. “If students are prepared only for thefoundational literacies of paper &pencil technologies, they will beunprepared for a future in which newliteracies are required.”Rachel KarchmerInnovative Approaches to Literacy Education: Using the Internetto Support New Literacies
14. So . . . what does that look like?
15. bit based
16. not just tree based
18. what’s one thing you know about Google Earth?
19. what’s one thing you want to know about Google Earth?