On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
- a foreign language contributes significantly to the development of individual intelligence
- people who have learned foreign languages show greater cognitive development in areas such as mental flexibility, creativity, and higher order thinking skills, such as problem-solving, conceptualizing, and reasoning.
- knowing another language and culture affords you the unique opportunity of seeing yourself and your own culture from an outside perspective;
- contact with other languages and cultures gives you the unique opportunity to step outside your familiar scope of existence and view your culture's customs, traditions, and norms as well as your own value system through the eyes of others
-by learning a new language you gain new horisons, but at the same time you reinforce your identity and therefore also your self confidence.
- knowing languages gives you an edge over monolingual applicants competing for the same jobs.
TO MAKE LIFELONG FRIENDS
- knowing other languages effectively increases the number of people on the globe with whom you can communicate.
STEPS IN LEARNING USUAL PORTUGUESE(IDEA)
-buying some conversation guides;
-using a trillingue dictionary made in another project;
-asking for help with the Portuguese parteners;
-finding the best methods for the pupils to learn easily: the new technologies
THE FIRST PART
The Romanian pupils co- operated with the Portuguese pupils - a PPT document wich contained:
-usual Portuguese expressions
-usual English expressions
-usual Romanian expressions
APRESENTAR ALGUÉM INTRODUCING SOMEONE Prezentam pe cineva. Este é o meu amigo Miguel. This is my friend Miguel. Acesta este prietenul meu Miguel. Ele chama-se João. He is called João. El se numeste Joao. O nome dele é Pedro. His name is Pedro. Numele lui este Pedro. Ele tem 15 anos. He is 15 years old. El are 15 ani. Ele mora em Gaia. He lives in Gaia. He lives in Gaia. Ele é do Porto. He is from Porto. El este din Porto. Ele é médico. He is a doctor. El este doctor. Ele gosta de chocolate. He likes chocolate. Lui ii place ciocolata.
THE SECOND PART
- The teacher in charge with the trillingue dictionary posted on the project’s site a series of documents made in Photo Story3 for Windows.
- The pupils and the other teachers listened to that movies and could also read the expressions in English, Portuguese and Romanian.
Pupils and teachers co-operated and made some dictionaries in Photo Story 3 for Windows
This Part 1 of Dictionary Portuguese Romanian-English is made by Portuguese students and Romanian students.
January 5, 2010 — biraramona96 Dictionary Portuguese-Romanian-English
Posted in 2.2. Portuguese Language , 3.2.1. Bira Ramona . Comments Off
THE THIRD PART
- The pupils and the teachers attended an online course of Portuguese ‘LIVE MOCCHA’
It was an extraoradinary occasion for everybody to socialize with people from all over the world
-the Poruguese speakers advised them when making mistakes
-the Romanian pupils were teachers for all the people in the world who wanted to learn Romanian
Self learning was a great method to acquire knowledge of Portuguese
Types of exercises used by Live Moccha
-multiple choice exercises
-fill in exercises
-free ranking exercises
Why choosing the new technologies in learning other languages?
-it increases motivation;
-it gives children control over their learning;
- it helps in promoting learner independence;
- it develops learning strategies provided the learners receive appropriate guidance.
We found that the best method for assessing the degree of acquiring the Portuguese language is the dramatization of communication situations.