1. • “5 Inspiring Reasons to Manage Projects on
• Gina Montgomery – VP, Business Development Acuvate Software
2. Hi, I’m Gina!
Gina Montgomery, VP, Business Development
Gina Montgomery is the Vice President of Business
Development for North America. She is a SharePoint Evangelist
and subject matter expert in architecting SharePoint solutions.
Gina brings expertise in helping organizations maximize their
I.T. investments. Her focus has been on strategy, project
planning, analysis, best practices in software licensing, and
implementing successful business solutions. Gina is responsible
for Acuvate's New Business Development and Partner Alliances
in North America.
Saturday St. Louis
Saturday Dallas Ft.
Who are we?
Global company, local presence
200+ clients worldwide
Strong Microsoft focus
New York City
in the world
Awards & Recognitions
4. Our Focus
5. Incentive Calculator
Easily configurable, incentive
calculation engine for rolling
out incentive programmes
Intranet in a Box
Full Intranet with pick and
choose features available
for on premise and Office
365 based SharePoint
to assist the CIO in his day to
day activities and also
facilitate strategic thinking.
To foster a culture of ideation
and innovation. Let all the
ideas flow through the funnel
and see the logical
Visually appealing tool to
facilitate customers get a
feel of the product and
compare their features with
Project workspace is a
Collaboration solution for
project teams to collaborate
better among themselves.
Data de-duplication and
cleansing services and
ensuring that correct data is
fed into ERP with the right
governance in place.
A Silverlight based
extremely powerful data
visualization to senior
executives of the company.
Get a better understanding
of sentiments, emotions,
moods, and perform opinion
analysis using our Big Data
15+ Ready-to-deploy solutions 90+ Components 200+ Enterprise success stories
7. 180+ Microsoft technical consultants certified in SharePoint,
SQL BI, Azure and System Center.
Global Team of certified Architects, Business Analysts,
Project Managers, Developers, DBA, UX, Test & Administrators.
Office 365 Fast Track Deployment Partner
Azure Circle Partner
Cloud Accelerate Partner
Cloud Deployment Partner
8. Tweet It!... I dare you!
@ginaMmontgomery is making us go social
with #SharePoint 2013 at #SPSRED
Follow @AcuvateSoftware for more updates
9. Today’s Goals
• Take a look at some of today’s challenges in PM
• Learn about a project management journey
• Have a look at the demonstrations that address
these challenges and the pm journey.
• We work in a project-driven environment
• Certain abilities are necessary
• Coordination of various projects and spread
• Strategic decision making based upon project
• Communication of Project Information
We are still wasting time and money depending on Excel
spreadsheets, email, and other manual processes
11. What makes a Project run?
Publishing plan to entire team and keeping it updated
Tracking Plan versus Actual in terms of burn rate, budget and time
Milestones are project tools that allow pm’s to determine whether a
project is on schedule or not
Identifying and tracking project Risks and mitigation plans for those risks
Effective project status reporting measures in place will create a
Manage scope changes during the project – Change Management
Track and Resolve issues on time
Manage resources across multiple projects based on availability and skill
13. Project Management Journey
Simple to use and get
Works great for smaller
No special training
Provides great capabilities
for managing your project
Works for local and
Similar to using MS Word
Advanced PM functionality
Knowledge of MS Project
14. Your 5 Inspiring
Reasons to manage
16. Improved Interface for Project Teams
• Timeline for milestone tracking
• Project Summary
• Project tasks list – ability to define sub-tasks in-
• Supports multiple browsers and mobile devices
19. Improved Project Team Collaboration
• Social collaboration – newsfeeds, hashtagging, following,
• Project Doc. Libraries
• Shared notebook
• Team mailbox
22. Enhanced Productivity
• Task aggregation and management
• Drag and drop
• Rich text preview
• Search on hashtags, #sp2013 , etc
• Ribbon – project server verbage is similar,
25. Reporting and Tracking Capabilities
• Scorecards – OOTB capability
• Change Management Tracking
• Issue Tracking
• Risk Register /Mitigation Planning
• Projects roll up dashboard – multiple KPI’s
28. Improved Integration With MS Project/Outlook
• Syncing tasks with MSP
• Making changes in the plan that will reflect back into
• Ability to look at resource loading and allocation
• Synchronization of Outlook with tasks is also a
productivity enhancement on SharePoint 2013. It
adds tasks directly to your Exchange server which
allows you to manage them from all of your devices.
In SharePoint 2010, if you synced your tasks with
Outlook you only saw them on that given device
• Many organizations today are still managing
projects on Excel and through email.
• The next step in the Project Management
journey is SharePoint.
• It is a much easier transition into full blown
Project Server should your organization
mature to that level.
31. But wait…
• What about SharePoint 2010?!
32. Gina Montgomery
VP Business Development
VP Business Solutions
Strategic Account Executive
Visit www.ACUVATE.com for more info