Open House Ms. Mekus First Grade Fall 2008
Table Of Contents
- In this presentation you will:
- Learn what we are going to do this year
- Learn how we will use technology
- Learn about our classroom website
- Learn the ways to contact me
- This will be an exciting year! We are going to learn so much. I look forward to having your child in class.
Facts about the Teacher
- I grew up in East Moline.
- I graduated from United Township.
- I attended Black Hawk College.
- One of my hobbies is reading.
What we will be studying
- fractions, addition, subtraction, problem solving, measuring, and geometry
- -We will have a spelling test each week with activities to help learn the words.
- Each day the students will either have PE or Music.
- Homework folders go home every night and come back the next day. One side is for keep at home papers and the other side is for homework
- Planners will be signed to keep parents informed
- Your child will be learning how to use technology for various projects in order to be successful in school.
- They will work on the computers to do projects and draw pictures.
- They will use PowerPoint Twitter, and digital cameras.
- On the next slide, there are three images I created either using Paint or a digital camera.
- These are things we are going to do this year.
- Another way I am going to use technology, is by having a classroom website.
- On the site you will find:
- Links to educational and fun websites
- A link to the school’s website
- There are several ways to get a hold of me if you have any questions about your child.
- You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can call my home phone at 755-4566.
- You can call the school number at 123-4567.
- Thanks for coming! Let’s make this a successful and fun year!