2. Main info• Ricardo Bofill, also Ricard Bofill Leví• (born in Barcelona, Spain, December 5, 1939) is a Catalan (Spanish) postmodernist architect.• He studied at the School of Architecture in Geneva, Switzerland.• In 1963, he founded a group formed by architects, engineers, sociologists and philosophers, creating the basis for what today is the ‘Taller de Arquitectura’, an international team with over 40 years experience in urban design, architecture, parks and gardens designs, and interior design.
3. Ricardo Bofill Taller de Arquitectura• Ricardo Bofill –Taller de Arquitectura is a prominent Its simple:international studio you take it and you build it for architecture,planning and design. Itsmain office inBarcelona was foundedin 1963 by Spanisharchitect Ricardo Bofill
4. Urban Design• These projects are typically predicated on the assertion that the city should be formed by streets and squares, in opposition to the model adopted in the construction of isolated blocks separated by extensive open spaces.• The underlying model is that of a sustainable Mediterranean city with well-defined public spaces, and in which inhabitants have all the basic services within reasonable walking distance of their homes.
5. Samples of architecture• The headquarters of United Airlines and United Continental Holdings
6. Barcelonas Airport New Terminal T1 2010, Barcelona, Spain
7. Antigone1978-2000, Montpellier, France
8. The Golden number Plaza1984, Montpellier, France
9. Arsenal Music Center 1989, Metz, France
10. Miguel Delibes Cultural Center 2007, Valladolid, Spain
11. Abertis headquarters2007, Barcelona, Spain
12. Manzanares Park2003, Madrid, Spain
13. A Coruña Convention and Exhibition Center 2001, A Coruña, Spain
14. Zona Franca Logistic Park 2002, Barcelona, Spain
15. Catalonias National Theatre 1997, Barcelona, Spain
16. Nexus II2001, Barcelona, Spain
17. Thank you for your patience• If you have any questions, you are very welcome to ask them at my wikispace page• http://ict-as- 2012.wikispaces.com/Nikita+Galbay