2. Popular Dishes• Bahamian stew fish (made with celery, onions, tomatoes, spices and fish), Bahamian crawfish, peas n rice (consisting of pigeon peas with salt, pork or bacon, tomatoes, celery, rice, thyme and pepper) and Johnny cake (pan-cooked bread made with butter, milk, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder).
3. Languages• English is the official language and is widely spoken• Creole is used among Haitian immigrants.
4. MusicMost of what is known to tourists as "Bahamian music" may well be the rhythmic beats of Junkanoo, or traditional island music like Rakenscrape, Calypso and Reggae. But Bahamians enjoy music of all types. Young Bahamians are listening to Rap music and Hip Hop, some from the United States and an increasing amount that is home grown. The Nassau Music Society brings classical and jazz performances to The Bahamas.
5. Economic AspectTransportation:Highways, Ports and Harbors, Airports, Airlines and HeliportsNatural Resources:Salt, Timber, Wetlands, and freshwater sourcesTourism:The Caves, Dolphin Encounters on Blue Lagoon Island, Bahamas Lighthouse Museum
6. Current Standard of LivingLiteracy rate: 96% averageLife Expectancy: 72 averageSome people just have a 2 room house with no plumbing at all.Not many of the people in the Bahamas have health care there so the government is trying to insure all of them.Unemployment rate: 7.6
7. Works Cited"Bahamian Art & Music." Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2012. <http://www.bahamasgateway.com/bahamas_art_dance_and_music.htm >."Places of Interest, things to do and sightseeing in the Bahamas." Caribbean Outdoor Life, the site for information on outdoor recreation in theCaribbean. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2012. <http://www.caribbeanoutdoorlife.com/pages/bahamas_places.htm>.occupation. "Economy of the Bahamas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2012. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_Bahamas>.
8. Works Cited continued• CultureGrams Online Database: Subscriber Area Only." CultureGrams Online Database: Subscriber Area Only. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2012. <http://online.culturegrams.com/world/world _country.php? contid=6&wmn=North_America&cid=189