It is said that he was killed among many others when some armed Bihari collaborators and disguised soldiers of Pakistan Army fired on them. His dead body never found.
1. ZAHIR RAIHAN (1935-1972)
2. Name : Mohammad ZahirullahBorn : August 19, 1935 Feni, Noakhali, British IndiaParents : Mohammad Habibullah & Syeda Sufia KhatunOccupation : Filmmaker, Novelist,WriterEducation : BA (Bangla)Award(s) : Bangla Academy AwardSpouse(s) : Sumita Devi (1961-1968), Shuchonda (1968-1971)
3. Early education in Calcutta AliaMadrasha (Alia University) Matriculation from AmirabadHigh School in 1950 I.Sc. from Dhaka College in 1953 Received B.A.(Honors) degreefrom Dhaka University in 1958
4. Joined the banned CommunistParty from 1951-1957 Active worker of the LanguageMovement and arrested in 1952. Took part in the "GanoObhyuthyan" in 1969. Joined in the Liberation War ofBangladesh In 1971.
5. Started film career in 1956 First film "Kokono Asheni" in 1961 Made Pakistans first colour movie “Sangam” in 1964 Made great work “Stop Genocide” in 1971
6. Kokhono Asheni in 1961. Sonar Kajol in 1962. Kancher Deyal in 1963. Sangam in 1964. Bahana in 1965. Behula in 1966. Anowara in 1966. Dui Bhai in 1968. Jibon Theke Neya in 1969. Stop Genocide in 1971.
7. He language of his novels are slim, smooth and sometimes,poetic. There are some best short-story collection…… Arek Falgun Surya Grahan Shesh Bikeler Meye Hajar Bochhor Dhore Borof Gola Nodi Ar Kota Din Koyekti Mrittu Trishna
8. Adamji Prize in 1964 for“Hazar Bochor Dhore” Bangla Academy Prizefor Literature in 1972 Nigaar prize
9. Disappeared on January 30, 1972 Killed by Pakistan Army