1. Advertising in
2. You see a lot of ads every day.
Ads come in different forms.
3. *Radio ads
8. Companies and businesses want to
They want people to buy their
9. Companies try to convince you that
their product is the best. They try
to convince you that you need it.
Advertising has a strong influence
Are you influenced by advertising?
10. Ads can tell people prices and
information that may help them
decide what to buy.
But you should know by now that
ads are slanted by the sellers.
11. Ads may talk only about the good
They may ignore the negatives of what
they are selling.
They may be misleading.
You might think that an opinion is a
12. Ads also use another trick.
They exaggerate what the product
13. Being able to tell the
difference between fact and
opinions or exaggerations
can help you make smart
14. Some advertising uses facts.
Here are some statement in ads that
1. This hamburger is 100% beef.
2. This hamburger has a quarterpound of meat.
3. This hamburger costs only 99
15. These statements in ads are
1. This hamburger is the best tasting
hamburger you will ever buy.
2. This hamburger is better than
hamburgers made by other companies.
3. This hamburger will make you grow big
16. Are these facts or opinions?
1. This bike is the most fun to ride.
2. Our toys are 20% off this
17. 3. This toy is rated number one in
4. This soft drink has zero calories.
5. This is the best movie you’ll see
18. 6. This bike is the best-selling bike
in the last two years.
7. No one makes a better
hamburger than Culvers.
8. This is the “purrfect” treat for
19. 9. This skateboard will never break
or we’ll replace it.
10. This game will keep you on the
edge of your seat!