EARLY HUMAN SETTELMENT
• Water was the greatest determining factor of human settlement
• That is why river valleys and areas surrounding fresh water lake become permanent
settlement area for people all over the world
• The place where surface water was not there people use WELL for there family and there
EARLY HUMAN SETTLEMENT TIMES
• The fertile soil and regular supply of water enabled people to carry out agriculture activities
• They do not live on one place for a very long time . They are nomads .They move from one
place to another in search of food and water.
Type Of Settlement
• Settlement refers to the action of people settling down and establishing themselves in an
• It was started 1 million years ago when early humans who were spread all across Africa
learnt to make use of fire and cook their food.
• They spread widely across the warm and moist regions of Africa ,Europe, and Asia and after
almost 15,000 years they began moving out to North America.
• Between BC 500 and AD 1000 more people moved to Europe.
• In the last 2 centuries millions of people have travelled to make their home in the Americas.
• There are two types of settlement –
1. Permanent settlement
2. Temporary settlement
• In permanent settlements, people make a permanent habitation and do not move out as all
their requirement are met in that place.
• It can therefore range in size from a small number of dwellings grouped together to the
largest of cities with surrounding urbanized areas.
• The term may include hamlets, villages, towns and cities.
• It can be a city, town, village, or any other large group of many different things collected or
brought together of building where people live and work.
• A temporary settlement is a place in which people live for a short time.
These people were somehow removed from their homes. War and natural
disasters can cause temporary settlements to be built and utilized
• Unrecognized Bedouin villages in Israel are rural Arab
Bedouin communities in the Negev and the Galilee which the Israeli
government does not recognize as legal. Often they are referred