• Our home room teacher is Mrs.
• Our homeroom is name 5a
• We have 32 people in are class
Hello, are you ready to learn about us !
Miss Kestel is our homeroom teacher and we
There are 30 kids in our class.
Our Halloween party is coming soon!
We are the class of Mrs. Wilds 5th grade
class 5b. We have 32 kids in our class.
We are looking forward to be friends with
you and your class. We hope you are
looking forward to be friends too. We
are looking forward to learning about
Sincerely Mrs. Wilds class
Name and address of class and school:
St. Stephen the Martyr
16701 ‘’S’’ Street, Omaha NE
Number of students in class and school:
About 30 in a class. About 900 in all
Size of school:
We have a large school
School emblem, colors and mascot:
The Flames, Red, Blue, White, Yellow
Type and number of computers:
Two traveling computer labs (Macbooks-Apple) and one stationary computer
lab (PC Desktops-Dell)
No school October 28-29,
November 1, 24-28 ,
December 23-January 4
We will be gone from school ……….
Our Unique School
• Our school is unique because we are a private school
connected to a Catholic Church
• We have grades from pre-school-8th grade (3-13 years
• Our school has around nine hundred students
• We wear uniforms
• We go to church 2 times a week
• Our school won the Blue Ribbon Award
• We raise money for technology, like interactive
• We get to play sports for our school.
• We believe in God. We go to mass twice a week, including
Sunday. So all together three times. Sometimes priests
come to our classrooms and talk to us about God. We have
religion classes. We also wear uniforms. It’s a private school.
We are Roman Catholics
We study religion
We receive communion at mass
We go to confession
We pray the rosary
We enjoy going to a Catholic
The inside of our Church
• We have kindergarten buddies because they are
learning how to go to church and we have to
• Our buddies are amazing
• We get to do activities with them.
• Last time we met up with them we had a
• Some of our kindergarten buddies names are
Eli and Alyssa. We meet with them every Friday.
• One class of 5th grade has pre-school buddies.
• When we see our preschool buddies, we have
snacks and make crafts with them.
• The preschoolers and kindergarteners are kind
Some of our Kindergarten Buddies
• Some kids go home and do homework that we didn’t
finish at school.
• Some kids go to kids zone until their parents pick them
up from school.
• Some kids go to practice, for example basketball, soccer,
baseball, and dance.
• Some kids even do chores like walking their dog, or
dusting if they don’t have a dog. Every month we have
book projects, so we have to read sometimes.
• Almost everyone has a snack soon after school ends
• On the weekends many of us go to mass
• In our free time we like to watch t.v., play video games,
listen our mp3 players, and play with our friends outside
• Music group or singer
Black Eyed Peas
• TV channel
• School subjects
• Video or computer
super smash pros
• Music groups: Rap, Hip Hop, Rock and
Role, Country, and Pop.
• Authors: Sally Warner, Jeff Kinney, Lemenly
Snicket , Andrew Clements,
• TV programs: Cartoon Network, Disney,
Sports Center, Nick and Discovery.
• Hannah Montana , Dude what would happen, NFL
football, sponge Bob, Wizards of Waverly Place , I
carley and Bones .
• Foods: pizza, ice cream, chocolate, cookies,
bacon, taco’ s, pasta, French toast sticks, chicken
wings, and spaghetti
• School subjects: Reading, Science, Math ,
Social Studies, Spelling and Art.
• Sports: basketball, soccer , football
, volley ball , Soft Ball, Baseball,
• Websites: Cartoon Network ,
• Music groups
The beetles, Zac brown band, KISS
Andrew Clements, Dr.Suess, Mike Lupica
• TV programs
• Sponge bob square pants , MTV, sports
• Soccer, basketball, baseball, football
• Video or computer
• Facebook, Madden nfl, Mario Kart
• Facebook, Gmail, ADDICTING GAMES
In General we…..
Love to play sports, watch tv, and play video games
More about us
• Here is a sketch of our school
We’re big husker fans. We’re number 13 in the country.
Here are our priests. (left to right) Fr.
Chi Fr. Jim and Fr. Andrew
Here is an actual picture of our
This is our computer teacher.
• The Missouri River
divides Iowa and
Bluffs is the city
across the river in
• a large company is
Con Agra foods.
Another is First
We Are From……..
• Our community is
• Around the middle of
the U.S. A. on the
eastern edge of
• The population is
456,272 on October
• The elevation is the
city 980 feet.
Some More About Omaha
• Omaha rocks because we have an awesome zoo called the Henry
Doorly Zoo. It is the 2nd largest zoo in the U.S.
• The college world series is played here in Omaha in the Rosenblatt
stadium. We are getting a new baseball stadium.
• We have a semi- professional american football team called the Omaha
• Omaha has a large arena for big events called the Qwest Center
• There is a pedestrian bridge from Omaha to Council Bluffs Iowa, it goes
over the Missouri River
• In Omaha we have the Strategic Air and Space museum.
• We have great food
• Omaha is the biggest city in Nebraska
Some Pictures of Omaha
Our Arena The Pedestrian BridgeThe desert dome at the zoo
The CathedralStrategic Air Command
Statue for College
• Nebraska was the 37th state to be accepted in the USA
• Nebraska was once called “The Great
• Nebraska averages 39 tornadoes a year
• Our state motto is “equality before the law.”
• Our state capital is Lincoln.
• We have a park called Mahoney State Park
• The three largest cities in Nebraska are Omaha, Bellevue,
• We have a lot of farming including corn and soy beans.
Some Helpful Maps
Nebraska has more miles of river
than any other state
Nebraska is almost exactly in the
middle of the United States
Kool-Aid was invented in Nebraska
In Waterloo, barbers are forbidden from eating
onions between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
In Lehigh it is against the law to sell doughnut holes
Pony Express trail runs through Nebraska, many
years ago it was used for carrying mail across the
state in just 10 days.
Herbie Husker is the mascot of our football team!
Funny Facts about Nebraska
Pictures of our School
This is a picture of some of our gym.
This is the front side
of our school.
This is a picture of our play ground. This is a picture of our symbol.
This is a picture of the front
of our school.
This is a picture of our
THE NAME OF OUR SCHOOL
What we would like to know about you
What sports do you play?
Do you like to watch T.V.?
What's your favorite animal?
What's your favorite game?
How old are you?
Do you have a dress code?
What holidays do you have?
What seasons do you
have? Do any of you play
Do any of you have pets?
Do you like school?
How many subjects do you
How old are you?
What is your favorite
Do your houses have yards?
What time does your school
day start and end?
Do go to extra classes like
technology and art?
What types of animals do
you keep as pets?
What times do you go to
What times do you wake
We are looking forward to reading all of
• Thanks again -5A
• Thank you for participating with us. We
are very excited to meet your class. -5B
• Thanks for taking the time to help us
with the project! We are looking forward
to seeing what you have come up with
for your survey - 5C