• Radio reaches 232 million listeners per week. This figure remains consistent on
a year to year basis in the face of declining newspaper circulations.
• Radio reaches 95% of college graduates on a weekly basis.
• 96% of Adults between 25 and 54 years old with a college degree and an annual
household income over $50,000 tune into radio over the course of a week.
• 1,000,000 people commute to work every day in the Providence Radio
Designated Market Area. 960,000 of these commuters are exposed to radio on a
• Radio commercials have 80% of the recall power of television commercials but
are priced more efficiently.
• Research shows that replacing one newspaper advertisement with two radio
commercials will increase brand recall 100% with adults between
the ages of 18 and 60.
Sources: RAEL INC & RADAR 92
The Dennis & Callahan Show
Hosted by John Dennis and Gerry Callahan. Weekdays 6:00am-10:00am. WEEI – 103.7 FM Providence
Hosted by John Dennis and Gerry Callahan, the Dennis & Callahan show first aired in 1997 in the 10a-12p time slot. In September of
1999 the Dennis & Callahan Show, after two successful years on WEEI, was promoted to air during morning drive from 6 AM–10 AM.
The D&C show is an interactive sports focused talk show which includes up to the minute sports updates and news headlines.
The Dale & Holley Show
Hosted by Dale Arnold and Michael Holley. Weekdays 10:00am-2:00pm. WEEI – 103.7 FM Providence
The Dale and Holley show has been on-air on WEEI since February 2002 and can be heard from 10am-2pm Monday thru Friday.
The show has an interactive sports format and regularly includes the “Touchdown Twins”, Ron Hobson and Kevin Mannix, as
guests. With over three decades experience in the sports arena, Dale and Holley offer the information, opinion, and commentary
that has captured Boston’s mid-day audience.
The Big Show
Hosted by Glenn Ordway and Pete Sheppard. Weekdays 2:00pm - 6:00pm. WEEI – 103.7 FM Providence
The Big Show, with the Big quot;Oquot;, Glenn Ordway and a variety of co-hosts and characters can be heard Monday through Friday from 2 PM
to 6 PM only on SportsRadio 103.7 WEEI. Big Show features include Last Call, Pete Sheppard’s Lock of the Day, Beat the Frauds, and
The Whiner Line batting clean-up and closing out The Big Show everyday at 5:45
Big Show co-hosts include former Patriots Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie, Boston Herald columnists Steve Buckley and Michael
Felger, former Red Sox pitcher Dick Radatz, and longtime Boston sports personality Mike Adams.
Hosted by Mike Adams. Weekdays 7:00pm – 12:am. WEEI – 103.7 FM Providence
Mike combines a good strong voice and delivery, a comprehensive knowledge of the sports scene, both local and national, with a passion
for the games that the Boston sports fan can truly identify. The popular Planet Mikey can be heard form 7pm-midnight, on Sports Radio
103.7 WEEI, as well as nights following Red Sox broadcasts.
Who Listens To
• WEEI FM has 159,205 weekly listeners.
• 80% of the total listeners are males.
• 67% of the total listeners are married.
• 67% of the total listeners are between the ages of 25 and 54.
• 43% of the total listeners have a household income over
• 76% of the total listeners own at least 1 residence.
• 64% of the total listeners are employed full time.
• WEEI FM is all about exclusive appointment radio. Check out this
lineup: Curt Schilling, Jerry Remy, Terry Francona, Ken
Rosenthal, Boomer Esiason, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Vince
Wilfork, Adam Scheftler, Wes Welker, Vic Carucci, Tedy
Bruschi, Peter King, Mike Vrabel, Matt Light, Danny Ainge & Doc
• WEEI FM is the only radio station in Rhode Island that broadcasts
the Boston Red Sox and Boston Celtics games.
• The foreground and interactive format of WEEI FM allows for listener
created content such as The Whiner Line which is the highest rated
:15 minutes of the day.
• WEEI is a regional sports radio network. No other sports radio station in the United
States can make the same claim. The WEEI brand is so powerful that there is
demand throughout New England for our programming. WEEI AM (Boston), WEEI
FM (Providence), WVEI FM (Springfield) and WVEI AM (Worcester) provide New
England sports fans the place to voice their opinions!
• WEEI was the 2006 Marconi Award winner for Major Market Radio Station of the year
and Sports Radio Station of the year.
• WEEI has been the #1 rated Sports Radio Station in America for 9 consecutive years
in terms of the percentage of the area radio listening audience tuned in!
• WEEI has been Rick Scott’s Sports Radio Station of the year for 4 consecutive
• Jason Wolfe was named 2005 Radio Ink Program Director of the year.
• Sports Radio WEEI is the market leader in regards to supporting local
• Since 2001, the WEEI Brand has raised over $7,000,000 for regional charities.
– WEEI’s Jimmy Fund Radiothon raised over $4.8 million in 2008 alone
– Curt’s Pitch For ALS
– Boston Bruins & Boston Celtics Foundations
– Good Sports
– Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Foundation
– Make A Wish Foundation
– Genesis Fund
– Boys & Girls Clubs of New England
– Jimmy Fund Of Rhode Island
– Special Olympics Of Rhode Island
– American Heart Association
– The Neely House
Red Sox Radio
• Over 97% of New Englanders recognize the Boston Red Sox logo.
• Baseball is the original radio sport. With 162 games spread out over 6
months it is impossible to watch all of the games on television. Joe, Dave
and Dale can be heard in the car, on the beach and at cookouts throughout
• Your company will be associated with the greatness of the Boston Red Sox
Brand: Fenway Park, The Green Monster, Ted Williams, Yaz, Roger
Clemens, David Ortiz and Josh Beckett.
• The Boston Red Sox are on pace to set a Major League Baseball record for
consecutive sellouts before the end of the 2008 season. The Red Sox are
also the only team in MLB with 2 World Series championships this century.
Monday & Friday
• The New England Patriots are the model franchise in professional sports today. Check out this 7 year
resume since 2001: 3 Super Bowl Championships, 4 Super Bowl Appearances, 4 AFC
Championships, 5 AFC Championship Game Appearances, 6 AFC East Championships, and 14 playoff
• Patriots Monday is all about appointment radio. The interviews are exclusive and one on one with
WEEI FM personalities. The lineup includes regional, national and international celebrities like Tom
Brady, Bill Belichick, Tedy Bruschi and Boomer Esiason.
• Patriots Monday is also drive time radio. The QB Hour with Tom Brady airs from 8am to 9am while Bill
Belichick joins the Big Show at 5pm each week.
• New to WEEI-FM for 2008 is Patriots Friday. Much like Patriots Monday, Patriots Friday will feature
exclusive interviews, analysis, and breaking news that only WEEI can deliver. Patriots Friday will
feature Vince Wilfork on Dennis & Callahan, followed by
Wes Welker, Ben Watson, and Logan Mankins visiting Dale & Holley, and
ending with Mike Vrabel and Matt Light making appearances on The Big Show.
• The Boston Celtics are the most successful franchise in the history of the NBA winning a league high
17 World Championships.
• Basketball is a great sport for radio. With 82 games spread out over 6 months it is impossible to
watch all of the games on television. Sean & Max can be heard all over New England and represent
this generation’s Johnny Most.
• Tremendous opportunity to build frequency over a 6 month period in a foreground environment. Your
message will be heard by a passionate listener!
• Your company will be associated with the greatness of the Boston Celtics Brand: Red Auerbach, Bill
Russell, Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.
• The Celtics sold out every home game during the 2007-2008 season, including the playoffs. They had
the best record in the NBA, while also having the biggest single season turnaround in NBA history
and winning their NBA record 17th championship.