Development of my Front Cover
• First I added the photograph to Adobe Illustrator
ready to edit my front cover over the top. I had to
crop the picture from landscape to portrait so it
fitted on the page to make it a front cover.
• Next, I added the masthead by creating a box, then added
the ‘M’ over the top. I then added the text underneath
the ‘M’ to make the logo look more interesting.
• I then added an article underneath. I did this by
creating a transparent box then adding the artists
in different text box layers so I could place them
• I then added my second article. I did this the
same way however made the opacity of the box
100% so it stands out more on the page and is
eye catching to the target audience.
• The final article was then added. This is the main article so I
made it the biggest on the page. The name stands out most
on the front cover. I did this because the model on the
cover is ‘Lily Ware’. This is anchorage as it gives the picture
a label and tells the audience that its her.
• Finally, I added the barcode in the top right corner. I
decided to position it there because there was empty space
that needed filling. I also put a transparent box underneath
therefore its easier for the audience to notice and read.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.