1. The City Palace stands on theeastern bank of the Lake Pichola.It is a massive series of palaces builtat different times beginning from1559.The various palaces like Dilkhushmahal, Sheesh Mahal, Moti Mahaland Krishna vilas were built in thememory of a princess of greatbeauty who committed suicide bytaking poison to avert a bloodybattle for her hand by rival princes.
2. The Lake Palace wasbuilt in 1743 – 1746.This marbleconstruction is situatedon the Jag Niwas Islandin Lake Pichola.Originally built as aroyal summer palace, itis now a luxury 5-starhotel.
3. Jag Mandir is an island in Lake Pichola. It is famous for its gardencourtyard.Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan took refuge here while he revoltedagainst his father.
4. The Monsoon Palace ( Sajjan Garh Palace) was a summer resort atop the hill for theMaharajas, built in a mannerso that it can overlook all the lakes. The palace has a way to collect the rain water forconsumption all through the year.
5. The Jagdish temple is locatedjust in the middle of Udaipur.Maharana Jagat Singh 1st built it in 1651 AD. It is an example of Indo- Aryan architecture. It is one of the main tourist destinations in the city.
6. This lake is situated in thenorth of Lake Pichola.Although, it was originallybuilt by Maharana JaiSingh in 1678, but afterfacing much destructiondue to heavy rains, it wasreconstructed andextended by MaharanaFateh Singh.
7. Lake Pichola is a 4 km long and 3 km wide artificial lake built byMaharana Udai Singh II.There are a number of Ghats and from the City Palace of Udaipurthere are boats to take you there.In the middle of the lake stands the Lake Palace, which has nowbeen converted into a heritage palace hotel.
8. The Saheliyon-ki-Bari was created for agroup of eight young women attendantsof a princess of Udaipur as a part of herdowry.The garden is situated below theembankment of the Fateh Sagar Lakeand is made stunning with lotus pools,elephant shaped fountains and marblepavilions.The fountains are fed by the lakewaters.
9. This is an ancientbuilding situated on thewaterfront of LakePichola on the GangoriGhat.This haveli is nowfamous for stagingRajasthani traditionaldance and music.
10. It is a craft villagelocated at the Northwestof Udaipur.It annually holds one ofthe biggest crafts fair inIndia.People from differentstates of India flockhere to showcase theirart and craft work.