Gordon Brown PM
My uni graduation
‘He told me very calmly that he had
broken his leg. He looked pathetic, and
my immediate thought came without any
emotion, You’re f****d, matey. You’re
dead… no two ways about it! I think he
knew it too. I could see it in his face. It
was all totally rational. I knew where we
were, I took in everything around me
instantly, and knew he was dead.’
Simon Yates in Joe Simpson’s Touching the Void.
‘Learning is hard. True, learning is fun, exhilarating
and gratifying – but it is often daunting, exhausting
and sometimes discouraging… To help chronically
low-performing but intelligent students, educators
and parents must first recognise that character is at
least as important as intellect.’
Angela Duckworth p61 in How Children succeed.
huga að bilið
sôn am y bwlch
против этого разрыва
Target number links to your
Choose from the example
targets on the next side and
write in here
GCSE Feedback 5
9. I can correctly answer exam style answers about the formation of
erosional and depositional landforms.
9. I can correctly answer exam style answers that explain the process
of longshore drift and marine erosion.
9. I am able to answer exam style questions with different command
words such as ‘describe’ and ‘explain’ accurately.
10. I need to avoid the use of banned words, using geographical terms
such as gravitational collapse instead.
11. I need to be able to link the physical processes of erosion and
deposition to how humans use the land and explain how people after
affected by and change these processes.
15. I am able to identify erosional and depositional landforms from OS
maps, photographs and sketches.
19. I can analyse the effectiveness of different sea defences and
describe how they effect different stretches of the Dorset coastline.
20. I can comment on the sustainability of different coastal defence
options, including environmental and economic factors.