• Population Structure
• Population Growth
• Population Distribution
• Settlement Characteristics
• Land Use Models
• Urban Congestion
• Squatter Settlements
• Urban Sprawl
• Urbanisation and the Environment
The Natural Environment
• Plate Tectonics
• River Processes
• Marine Processes
• Climate and Ecosystems
• Agricultural Systems
• Industrial Systems
• Leisure and Tourism Activities
• Energy and Water Resources
• Environmental Risk and Benefits
How the course is assessed
• Paper 1 (45%): 1 hr 45 min - Answer three questions
from six. This paper is resource-based and involves
problem solving and free response writing.
• Paper 2 (27.5%): 1 hr 30 min - This paper will be
mainly skills-based and will test your ability to handle
various ways of depicting geographical information.
• Online Assessment (27.5%) based upon the skills
involved in carrying out geographical data collection
and interpreting the results.
What about after IGCSE?
• International Baccalaureate
• AS/A2 course (UK)
• IGCSE is International recognised!
• Further training – transferable skills.
• Geography based degree at university – or not!