View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
7 things you need to know about search engine rankings Presented by Nigel Burke from AVS Networks
1. Search Engine Statistics Source: Hitwise Intelligence Feb 2010
2. Target the right keywords Your business name is not a good target keyword Research what your potential customers are searching for Get into the customers’ seat
3. Find your website Submit your site to Google Submit your site to Yahoo Submit your site to industry websites Google may automatically find your website Test the search engines to see if you are listed
4. Can search engines read yourwebsite? Search engine testing with target keywords Flash is not normally indexed Images cannot be read by search engines Use alt text tag
5. Keywords used on your website Are your target keywords used on your website? Is it in your web page heading? Is it the same heading used on every page?
6. Content on your website Is your website content informative Keywords used in heading and paragraphs Quality content gets you links