Sort Stick Sync
1. Sort your population pyramids into the correct order.
2. Sort your table of data into correct columns, remembering to align the
information with the correct population pyramid.
Happy? Stick them into your book.
3. Now sync the population pyramid table with your DTM
(annotate the DTM with where each country would fit, you might want to use a key)
Homework: lonely planet guide
Create a Lonely Planet style guide to the UK & India.
Use of development indicators should be consistent throughout.
Sections to include:
Location (written description supported by map evidence)
Experiences of living and working in each country.
Population structure (written description supported by pyramid
How to spend a weekend as a visitor (teenager/adult/OAP?)
Define dependency ratio
• Display as a calculation.
• Explain what it can tell us about a country.
5 population pyramids.
Calculate the dependency ratio for each country.
Discuss the patterns.
Decide if LEDC or MEDC, using pyramid evidence
to support your answer.
Debate / discuss the dependency ratios and
suggest possible impacts on the economy for