Cut to the Chase
“DUDE, WHERE’S MY
As content libraries continue to grow larger, content marketers
are ﬁnding it more diﬃcult to index and organize their content.
Without proper organization, eﬀective content distribution
becomes increasingly diﬃcult.
“HOUSTON, WE HAVE A
Once you’ve performed a content audit and established your
guidelines to categorize and curate your content, you can
measure and improve your assumptions around eﬀective
“MAY THE ANALYTICS
BE WITH YOU”
We’ve included a list of questions for you to audit your content.
MAKE MY DAY”
CONTENT IN A CORNER”
Core Content Information
• Where is your content stored?
• What is its title?
• What is the intended call to action?
• What channels used for distribution?
• Who is the buyer role(s)?
• What is the expiry of the content?
• What is the format of the content and on which mediums can it be consumed?
“BUILD YOUR CONTENT
STRUCTURE AND THEY WILL
Content Organization and Process
• Is this content mapped against a buyer journey?
• How is this content aligned to buyer personas you use?
• Who owns this content, from an editorial point of view?
• Is this content discoverable via search engines?
• Does this content map to an existing library of keywords and tags?
• Can you organize your content in a taxonomy that makes sense for your target user?
“I’M GONNA MAKE HIM AN
OFFER HE CAN’T REFUSE”
• Has the content piece expressed a unique vision for a target persona?
• Is the “message” clearly articulated?
• Does the message align to other content pieces?
• Is one target-role or audience clearly being addressed?
• Does the content piece address the buyer’s impact proposition with clarity?
• Can the content piece be used in more than one buyer journey stage?
• Is there a “call to action for the reader?
“THE CONTENT’S ALIVE!”
• Is the content piece being used by your audience(s)?
• Is your audience able to consume your content at their convenience on their choice of device?
• Is the content piece being recommended/distributed by Sales?
• Is the content piece improving revenue velocity or conversion rates?
• Do you know how the content piece performs by content channel?
• Do you have a dashboard showing most popular content items?
• g. Have you optimized the content piece with A/B tests?
Genwi is used by marketers to distribute information,
gathered from multiple sources, to mobile devices in
If you need any help auditing your content,
please feel free to contact us.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out: