2. ATHENS is the capital city of Greece. A centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, home
of Plato's Academy and Aristotle's Lyceum,[ it is widely referred to as the cradle of Western
civilization and the birthplace of democracy. The heritage of the classical era is still evident in
the city, represented by ancient monuments and works of art, the most famous of all being
the Parthenon considered a key landmark of early Western civilization.
3. THE ACROPOLIS WITH THE PARTHENON
4. The ancient theatre of Herodes Atticus is a stone theatre structure
located on the southwest slope of the Acropolis of Athens.
5. The Erechtheion is an ancient Greek temple on the north side of
the Acropolis of Athens in Greece which was dedicated to both Athena and Poseidon
6. THE PARTHENON
7. Inside the Parthenon
8. The Acropolis with the Parthenon
9. We send our love and greetings to our friends in India.
The pupils of the 1st Primary school of Eleftherio –Kordelio
and the teacher of english Mrs Anastasia Amvrosidou.