Making the difference
with Social Media
for YOUR event !!!
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 1
Geert Conard Management Solutions
- Powertalks & Keynote Speeches (15-30’)
- Presentations (60’)
- Mini workshop (120’)
- Workshop ‘Social Media for Business’ (180’)
- Social Media platform workshops
- Books on Social Media & Social Networking
- Research on Social Media & Social Networking
- Management Consulting
- Social Media Marketing Consulting
- Legal Consulting
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 2
21st century business
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 3
• Building virtual teams
• Sharing resources
• Sharing knowledge
• Sharing risk
• New generation has no
problem with this.
They grew up with the
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 4
Online Social Business Networks
1. Time independent: 24/7
2. Place independent: from you pc – stay at home
3. Local & Global
4. Targeted: use keywords, companies names to find the right people
5. Inbound: Passive presence - While you sleep people will search you.
Make it easy for everyone. Put your picture up. Give them information.
Tell them everything, because they really do not know. Blog.
6. Competitive: Stand out as you have competition. Visit others in your
field and see what they have. Copy from the best!
7. New: start now, then you are ahead of most of the universe. You will be
established when others catch on.
8. Memory-proof: you can keep track of your network. Social Networks
have online profiles so you don’t forget, some keep track of your
9. Efficient: you can connect online with far more people than you could
ever meet face to face on a daily basis.
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 5
How to promote an event
on Social Media
• Every Social Media website has event pages
• Use Social Media websites to promote your event
• Invite your network to register for the event
• Ask them to share the event with their network
• Use the eventpage to communicate with your visitors.
• Share content about the event and the speakers
• Even if you have your own website for the event-registration,
you can still use the Social Media eventpages to promote your
event and create a stream of visitors to your website.
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 7
Advantages of individual networks
• LinkedIn : Most professional
• Twitter : Fastest way to spread a link to your eventpage to
your network !
• Xing : Possibility to invite non-members to an event
• Xing : Strong memberbase in Germany
• Hyves : Almost 50% of dutch population is online
• Ecademy : Strong memberbase in UK
• Ecademy : Most members are are Small business owners
• Netlog : Most members are under 30
• Facebook : Almost everyone is on Facebook !!!
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 8
Geert CONARD VOF
Public Speaker, Writer, Trainer and Consultant
on Social Media & Social Networking
IT Consult Services BVBA
Books available on
Geert Conard – Networking in a new economy 12