23. To ensure the system behaves in a predictable way </li></ul>
24. What is LINUX? Linux is an operating system created by - Linus Torvalds, at the University of Helsinki in Finland. The kernel, at the heart of all Linux systems, is developed and released under the GNU General Public License and its source code is freely available to everyone. Important Features : Freely distributed, Adaptability and Robustness,
25. Why Migrating to GNU/LINUX ? <ul><li>Crashing System
26. Unlimited and Uncontrolled Viruses.
27. Unknown behavior of Operating System.
28. Dependability of user on Operating System Vendor. </li></ul>
29. BOOT LOADER At time of power on, system does not have an operating system in ROM or RAM. Its a small program that starts sequence of loading other programs into RAM. So its only job is to load other data and programs which are then executed from RAM.
30. GRUB GRUB = GNU GRand Unified Bootloader Purpose : 1. To recognize filesystems 2. Load boot images