3. Wich build tool do you use?
● Simple Build tool
● Hyper Build
● Other ???
4. Why use a build tool
● Your friend might want the code
● You may get old and forget stuff
● An IDE will change
● You are a professional
5. Your build Tool
6. Apache Ant
● Apache Ant is a Java library and
command-line tool whose mission is to
drive processes described in build files
as targets and extension points
dependent upon each other.
7. Apache Ant
● ANT stands for “Another Neat Tool”
● ANT evolved from the UNIX based build
utility called “MAKE”.
● Ant has Java Class like extensions
● Use of XML instead of Shell Scripts
● Each task is taken care by creating its object
● Platform Independent
8. Apache Maven
● Maven, a Yiddish word meaning
accumulator of knowledge, was originally
started as an attempt to simplify the build
processes in the Jakarta Turbine project.
9. Apache Maven Goals
● Making the build process easy
● Providing a uniform build system
● Providing quality project information
● Providing guidelines for best practices
● Allowing transparent migration to new
● Convention over onfiguration
● Gradle is build automation evolved.
● Gradle combines the power and flexibility
of Ant with the dependency management
and conventions of Maven into a more
effective way to build.
● Powered by a Groovy DSL
12. Let's make a project
13. Round up
● Ant is old but popular
● Maven is cool
● Gradle is cool, could get cooler
● Use the best tool for the job