Instruction to build Apache CloudStack docs with Sphinx
Instruction to build a docs
Japan CloudStack User Group, Go Chiba
Who am I?
– Working as Japanese system integrator
Design cloud servers/networks/storages . . .etc
– Contributing as Translator of Apache CloudStack docs
Translating docs or GUI on my private and share my
po manage system has migrated from publican to sphinx
– It is more easy to build a docs on your laptop
– Provide graphical UI(Below image are using default theme of sphinx)
At first, you require install related packages to build a
This slide only expect OSX environment, but it’s easy to
find installation docs for each package from web
if you using any Linux distribution or windows, please check
# pip install sphinx
# brew install gettext
# port install gettext
2. Add language option to conf.py
3. Create a locale directory under source/
4. Generate pot files
5. Generate po files(require for each pot files)
+locale_dirs = ['locale/']
+language = 'ja’ # choose your prefferred language
# mkdir –p source/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES
# make gettext
# msginit --locale=ja --input=build/locale/index.pot
6. Modify generated po files in your language
7. Change format of files
8. Make document
# msgfmt source/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/index.po
# make singlehtml # if you’d like to check make target, please type ‘make help’.
Notes: ‘msginit’ command on STEP5 will be overwirte exisit po files,
so if you’d like to merge diffs, please use ‘msgmerge’ as below.
# msgmerge -U source/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/index.po
10.Check your document!!
If you generate html files, running http service by
python script and access to localhost and check
your generated docs.
# python –m SimpleHTTPServer 80