1. Assessing CC growth Giorgos Cheliotis firstname.lastname@example.org CC 2011 Summit - Warsaw
2. how do we measure cc’s success?• one answer: license adoption around the world = total volume * freedoms carried by licenses ?• problem: it’s nigh impossible to reliably track spread of anything in the global web we have left that to private enterprise: google, yahoo, microsoft, etc.• can we use third-party data to estimate global growth of cc?
3. 6 major licenses except by-sa
4. looking for the best fit
5. by-sa only
6. total for 6 major licenses
7. parting thoughts• every ‘product’ has an adoption curve• signs of slowdown in cc growth should not surprise us – even if not sure about extent let’s assume that we are close to reaching a saturation point how do we move to the next growth curve? should we be measuring success in growth numbers alone? how does cc impact the world?