The 7 Principles of Web DesignPresentation Transcript
For more information, please visit www.gcds.com.au
1. Appearances matter We don’t buy any thing which doesn’t attract us. Same way, a client visiting your website will leave without buying any of your products until he/she finds you trustworthy. A well-designed website assures the customer that he/she has come to the right place and will get the best service. Good design does not need to cost a lot – it just requires a web developer that know what they are doing and understands your market and your needs.
Creates an immediate impression with prospects!
Where is the booking button?
2. Content, content, content Malcolm Gladwell in his best seller “Blink” states “when you meet someone for the the first time, or walk into a a house you are thinking of buying, or read the first few sentences of a book, your mind takes about two seconds to jump to a series of conclusions” This is also true when people visit your website. These fleeting two seconds just might be the difference between acquiring a new customer who generates revenue for you, or simply a lost prospect who falls into the seductive arms of one of your competitors. CLEARLY TELL YOU CUTOMERS WHERE TO FOCUS THEIR ATTENTION
Answers exactlywhat prospects arelooking for. Above the fold of browser
Images in the form ofcontent
3. Navigation One of the most important goals of your website should be to convert your readers into potential clients. Your website should have easy and simple options. Customers should be able to glance at you home page and know where they need to go
Better navigationstructure – Withinone click.
4. Make sure people can find you Creating a website does not lead your business to success. If your website does not show on Google, it means you are losing many potential clients. Mostly people land on your website by clicking on a link from a search engine (i.e. Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc). Search Engine Optimisation is the process of running your website in a way that it could be found on search engines and bring immense traffic to your website KEY WORDS
Keywords entered in Title tag
5. Keep it timely There is nothing worse than an out-of-date website to communicate to your customers that you don’t care. Outdated offers, announcements for last year’s trade shows, out-of-date staff lists – it all detracts from your image as an efficient company that will provide great service. Make sure your website has a user-friendly content management system so you can update frequently and easily.
6. Capture and care for customer leads Always remember that clients are attracted to your business if you have any incentive or discounts to offer them. Consider offering a promotion or limited time offer. Whatever your goals, make the steps your visitors need to take are clear and easy to follow. Not everyone who visits your site is ready to buy so provide reasons for them to contact you and provide to you their name and email.
7. Social Media Algorithms, is used by the Google Internet search engine, that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a website. Social Media Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin Google + and Youtube .
Summary1. Appearance Matters2. Content, content and content!3. Navigation4. Make sure people can find you5. Make it timely6. Capture and care for customer’s leads7. Social Media
Never assume we knoweverything about our prospects!
Be The Superheroin Your Niche
Be a Superhero in your Niche1. Establish Your Unique Selling PointReinforce that unique selling point in all your marketingstrategies and ensure your prospects can clearly see why theyshould be buying your services or products.
Be a Superhero in your Niche2. Go Social With Your BrandThis means you need to establisha good fan base in Facebook,Twitter and other socialplatforms to talk about productand services.Give free content worthy ofgreat value to your fans as theywill become your super fans andspread your brand to theirfriends and families.
Be a Superhero in your Niche3. Implement video marketing in your BlogVideo is a huge part of marketing online. The fact that Youtubeis now owned by Google makes it a no brainer to use video inyour marketing efforts.
Be a Superhero in your Niche3. Implement video marketing in your Blog (continued fromprevious slide)There are two advantages to using video on your website;• The first obvious advantage is that you stand a higherchance of converting your prospects into leads;• Video blogging about your products and services willestablish your companys credibility in the eyes of Googleand most importantly your prospects.
Thank YouFor more information, please visit www.gcds.com.au or check out information tips on our blog.