1. Using Youtube InTeaching Piano Accompaniment Goran Brkovic Piano Teacher High School of Music “Vojislav-Lale Stefanovic” Uzice, Serbia @gbrkovic September 29, 2012
2. The main problem in teaching piano accompaniment• The main goal - to develop adaptability• The main problem - how to achieve it efficiently• Solo piano vs. piano accompaniment• Whats easier?• Whats more complex?
3. The old way we used to teach it and the problems it involvedThe old fashioned piano accompaniment class:• one piano student plays imitating the soloist, the other piano students plays along piano accompany part• no adaptation to the real soloist Limited usability- no preparation for the real public performance
4. The new way: how technology can help teachers and studentsIncreased class usability:- accompanying several performances from Youtube- use each YT recording only once- preparation for the public performanceDeveloping:- listening skills- adaptability
5. Teachers preparation for the lesson• choosing the pieces• searching YT for useful performances• saving the links, making notes and reflections about students achievements• allowing some time for students to read and learn the pieces
6. Lesson Goals & TimingLesson goals:- learning to catch the agogics on the fly- developing listening to changes of the harmonies and dynamic expressivenessLesson duration:- 45 minutes, two students, 3 x 15 minutes1) warming up - 15 minutes2) one student accompanying YT video recording - 15 minutes3) the other student accompanying YT video - 15 minutes
7. Additional informations:You can see additional info at my blog at: http://bit.ly/J80sjm
8. Using Youtube InTeaching Piano Accompaniment Goran Brkovic Piano Teacher Music School “Vojislav-Lale Stefanovic” Uzice, Serbia @gbrkovic September 29, 2012