BBCF certificate: PG
Starring Mila Kunis, Ben Affleck, Justin
Timberlake, Jack Whitehall, Adam
Sandler, Ben Stiller, Kanye West,
Robert Downey Jr and Will Smith
• Four teams, each with unique individual
super powers, are called upon to save the
world. In a nail-biting fight to the moon, 4
rival teams must race against each other and
put their powers to the test to retrieve the
continuum transfunctioner (a secret
Government missile), stolen by bad-guy, the
DELL (Dirty Evil Little Liar.) Only one team
will be heroic, but when the DELL reveals his
army of barks, can the teams put their
differences aside and work together to defeat
Why did we chose our film
• The name for our film, ‘THE CODE’ was chosen as
it has a mysterious enticing feel about it to draw
the target audience in. What is the code? Why is
there a code? Who has the code? When can I see
‘THE CODE’? All of these questions will hopefully
be on the target markets’ mind.
• The film will finish with a code having to be
entered into the continuum transfunctioner to shut
it down, so the name of the film will nicely link
• Character name: Captain Mason
• Played by Ben Affleck, he is helping to direct
the film, as he is a very successful director as
well as a fabulous actor.
• Power: super strength and endurance
• Character name: Jack Bale
• Played by Jack Whitehall, the English
comedian/ actor would bring a bit of home
grown talent to this all star cast. Can bring
a good comedy value as well.
• Power: can breathe under water.
• Character name: Dr James Lawson
• Played by Justin Timberlake, he has plenty
of acting experience as well as his music,
he has worked with Kunis before and we
think he would fit in well with the sci-fi
• Power: able to blow things up with his
mind, but does not know this to begin with.
• Character name: Zara Smith
• Played by Mila Kunis, she has a
very wide fan base, male and
female, which we will look to get
on board and watch the film.
• Power: she can turn people to
ice by touch.
• Character name: Captain
• Played by Robert Downey Jr, as
he is a very powerful, assertive
actor and will fit into his role of
a captain suitably.
• Power: has the ability to mind
• His team is also made up of
• Character name: Captain Rhodes
• Played by Adam Sandler, his acting style will
complement his partner played by Ben Stiller.
• Power: Rhodes has super speed.
• Character name: Captain Keane
• Played by Ben Stiller, we feel he would work well
as a double team with Adam Sandler.
• Power: Keane has the ability to fly.
This team is also made up of three more extras.
• Character name: Captain East
• Played by Will Smith, he has tonnes of
acting experience especially with the sci-fi
genre a brilliant actor.
• Power: has mind control powers along
with his co- captain.
• Character name: Captain West
• Played by Kanye West, despite his lack of
acting experience, we think he would go
very well with Will Smith and attract his
large musical fan base to see the film.
• Power: mind control powers.
This team is also made up of three more extras.
Characters, stars and why
we’ve chosen them for our film
• Bad guy – AKA the DELL (dirty evil little liar)
(Played by Christopher
Mintz-Plasse – we chose him
because he has a reputation of being a comical-bad guy
...and his evil army of BARKS (bear sharks):
How are we going to create
interest for the audience
• Enigma code:
• Our opening sequence will show the DELL
(bad guy) stealing the continuum
transfunctioner from The Pentagon
(America), and placing it on the moon.
• This should plant questions in the audiences’
minds such as:
• Who is he? Why did he steal that? Why put it
on the moon? What is the purpose of that?
What is the object he has stolen? What
importance does that object have?
What will the narrative be?
• Storyline: a race to retrieve a stolen item and defeat
the bad guy to become heroes.
• Settings: set mainly in space in the modern day,
however when the actors and actresses are on earth
in the opening scene it will be set in America. Most of
the film will be filmed outside, with the occasional
scenes inside when reassuring the president his
country will be safe etc. The weather will also co-
inside to the mood of the film, e.g. when there is hope
it will be sunny, when there is dark times ahead it will
• Themes: justice, hope, determination, violence
(minor due to PG), love, a fight to the finish.
Conventions within the genre
• To make the audience aware our genre is
a sci-fi, we will have the following things
included in our film:
• Bluey lighting to create an extra-terrestrial
out-of-space feel about our movie.
• Our film is mainly set in space, so this
automatically makes the audience aware it
is a sci-fi.
What makes our film different
from any other...
• There is an all-star cast, so we are reaching
out to many types of people.
• The story line is unique and has never been
• Although it is a PG, it isn’t just aimed at this
audience. Hopefully, it also entices other age
groups, e.g. teens, adults and the older
generation who are interested in Sci-Fi, which
is not the case in all PGs around today.
Film marketing (advertising)
• For marketing we are looking to hold an
online premiere of the film. Involving which,
anyone can pay £12 and subsequently
receives the ability to stream the premiere of
the film live to their computer or television.
• In terms of advertising, we are looking for TV
adverts, giant billboards in prime locations
such as London and New York. These film
loving markets are also family locations (our
target market) so we are getting close to our