2. For over 3000 years,<br /> Chocolate…like gold, has had a universal appeal<br />
3. <ul><li>First people who made chocolate were the Mayas and the Aztecs
4. They drank chocolate as a bitter and spicy beverage called “xocoatl” (“bitter water”)
5. Chocolate played an important role in their social and religious life
6. It symbolized life and fertility and was also used as medicine
7. It was a drink for wealthy and important people </li></ul> (royalty, priests, etc.)<br /><ul><li>Cocoa beans were also used as money</li></li></ul><li>IS CHOCOLATE HEALTHY?<br />YES<br />
8. BENEFITS<br />Decrease blood pressure <br />Improve circulation <br />Lower death rate from heart disease <br />Improve function of endothelial cells that line the blood vessels <br />Defend against destructive molecules called free radicals, which trigger cancer, heart disease and stroke <br />Improve Digestion and stimulate kidneys <br />Has been used to help treat patients with anemia, kidney stones and poor appetite<br />
10. Company’s Profile<br /><ul><li>Founder: JOHN CADBURY
11. LOCATION: Birmingham, UK.
12. YEAR: 1824</li></ul>OPERATE IN OVER 60 COUNTRIES<br />WORLD&apos;S LARGEST CONFECTIONERY COMPANY<br />WORLDWIDE, CADBURY HAS 60,000 EMPLOYEES <br />
13. 1948<br />Operation began in India<br />1965 <br />Pioneered the development of cocoa cultivation in India<br />CADBURY IN INDIA<br />
14. Vision & Mission<br />Vision:<br /> &quot;Working together to create brands people love&quot; <br />Cadbury’s mission statement<br /> Says simply, ‘Cadbury means quality’; this is our promise. Our reputation is built upon quality; our commitment to continuous improvement will ensure that our promise<br /> <br />Mission Statement 0f the product: <br /> The mission statement of our new product is “To provide our customers with a tempting and exquisite taste” as Enticing Treats means a mouth watering treat which is simply irresistible.<br />
15. Popular Brands in INDIA<br />Chocolates<br />Beverages<br />Snacks<br />GUMS<br />CANDy’s<br />
17. CHOCOLATE BAR MADE BY CADBURY.<br />BORN IN YEAR 1905. BOURNVILLE, U.K<br />CAME TO INDIA AT 1948<br /> 30% VALUE SHARE OF THE INDIAN CHOCOLATE MARKET.<br />
18. PRODUCT<br />
19. CHOCOLATE BAR.<br />MADE FROM REAL DARK CHOCOLATE.<br />SIMILAR DESIGN WORLDWIDE.<br />CONTAINS MORE MILK THAN ANY OTHER CHOCOLATE BAR.<br />AVAILABLE IN 10.5g, 22g, 95g, 165g & OTHER PREMIUM PACKS<br />
20. INGREDIENTS<br />
21. VARIANTS<br />
22. PRICE<br />
23. PRICE MENTIONED ABOVE ARE SAME ALL OVER INDIA.<br />COMPETETIVE PRICING.<br />DUE TO PRICE HIKE IN RAW MATERIAL AND LABOUR COST COMPANY HAD NOT INCREASED THE COST OF PRODUCT BUT REDUCED THE WEIGHT OF PRODUCT.<br />EG. 5 RS PACK WAS OF 13gm BUT NOW IT IS 10.5gm<br />
24. PLACE<br />
25. Business Operations<br />Five company-owned manufacturing facilities:<br />Thane<br />Induri (Pune)<br />Malanpur (Gwalior)<br /> Bangalore<br />Baddi (Himachal Pradesh)<br />4 sales offices:<br />New Delhi<br /> Mumbai<br />Kolkota<br /> Chennai <br />Corporate/Head office:<br />Mumbai<br />THESE FACTORIES CHURN OUT CLOSE TO 8,000 TONNES OF CHOCOLATE ANNUALLY<br />
26. DISTRIBUTION<br /><ul><li>CDM ARE SOLD DIRECTLY TO WHOLESELLER AND RETAILERS.
27. CADBURY'S DISTRIBUTION NETWORK USED TO ENCOMPASSES 2100 DISTRIBUTORS AND 450,000 RETAILERS.</li></ul>RETAILER<br />WHOLESELLER<br />
28. PROMOTION<br />
29. <ul><li>Strong brandsare very important in the chocolate confectionery market.
30. Almost 80% of chocolate purchases are made on impulse.
31. The media mix for the campaign comprises TV, outdoor, Internet and radio.
32. Use of emotional appeals in advertising.
33. Concentrated more on TV. Advertisement.</li></li></ul><li>A FEW ADVERTISEMENTS<br />The ‘Real Taste of Life’ with the girl dancing on the cricket field<br />The message: ‘Dairy Milk is for enjoyment’<br />
34. During late 90’s<br />Campaign: ‘Khanewalonkokhane ka bahanachahiye’.<br />Target: widening chocolate consumption among the masses<br />
35. More recently<br />Campaign: ‘kuchmetha ho jaye’.<br />Target: to associate Cadbury with celebratory occasion.<br />
36. Campaign: ‘pappu pass ho gaya’.<br />Target: encourage those who have pass the exams to celebrate with Dairy Milk.<br />
37. Campaign: ‘Miss Palampur’<br />Target: Focusing on the adults.<br /><ul><li>Campaign: ‘AAJ PAHLI TARIK HAI’
38. Target: To celebrate pay day / salary day</li></li></ul><li>THE BIG ‘B’ FACTOR<br /><ul><li>Cadbury appointed Amitabh Bachchan as its brand ambassador.
39. The Big factor that has pushed up CDM sales is the Amitabh Bachchan campaign. </li></li></ul><li>PACKAGING<br />
44. PLASTIC COVER</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Protect the product from physical damage or deterioration
45. Display the product – good graphic design and shape is important.
46. Attracting customers
47. Improved efficiency</li></ul>ADVANTAGES OF PACKAGING<br />
48. S T P<br />SEGMENTATION TARGET MARKET POSITIONING<br />
49. segmentation<br />geographic SEGMENT<br />IMPULSE SEGMENT<br />For eating then and there.<br />“Khaanewalokokhane ka bahanachahiye”<br />GIFT SEGMENT<br />Purchased to gift some one.<br />
50. TARGET MARKET<br />The prospective customers of Cadbury Dairy Milk have changed have changed from kids to adults-including every family member to celebrate any occasion with Dairy Milk.<br />
51. Positioning<br />For kids across India,<br /> the word ‘Cadbury’ is synonymous with chocolates. <br />CDM positioned as<br /> ‘The perfect expression of love’ <br />“Mazzaaagaya”<br />spontaneous, carefree, special, real moments. <br />&quot; KuchMeetha ho jaye “<br />The brand want itself to be synonymous with Sweet.<br />
52. PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE<br />
53. COMPETITORS<br />
54. Achievements<br />Major Achievements of Cadbury<br />Worlds No 1Confectionery company<br />World&apos;s No 2 Gums company.<br />World&apos;s No 3 Beverage company.<br />Cadbury Dairy Milk & Bournvita have been declared a &quot;Consumer Superbrand&quot; for 2006-07 by Superbrands India.<br />Cadbury India has been ranked 5th in the FMCG sector, in a survey on India&apos;s most respected companiesby sector conducted by Business World magazine in 2007.<br />Cadbury India has been ranked as the 7th Great Place to Work and the No. 1 FMCG company in India in 2008, by the Great Place to Work Institute.<br />Asian Marketing Effectiveness Awards 2008 for Bournvita Folk/Fusion campaign - GOLD award for the &quot;Best Insights and Strategic Thinking&quot; and SILVER award for the &apos;Most Effective Use of Advertising&apos;.<br />