Welcome To Sardar Patel Quiz Club! ByAAYUR KAUL
1.X originated in Nazi Germany when it was deemedillegal to import the American Y due to a trade embargo.To dodge this, the head of Ys Germany division, decidedto create a new product for the local market, using onlyingredients available in Germany at the time, includingwhey and pomace – the "leftovers of leftovers". Thename of X was the result of a brief brainstormingsession, in which he asked his team to "use theirimagination".Identify X and Y.
2.What is common to Abraham Lincoln, Lord Mountbatten, Jawaharlal Nehru and Giani Zail Singh ?
They are special types of hybrid rosesgrown only in the gardens ofthe Indian Parliament
3. At 18 X felt pickles and curry powder were not her future and left home to go to the School of Architecture and Planning where graduated with honours. X did drawings for Rs.4 an hour to earn pocket money and lived in a hut in Squatters Colony to save money and sold empty beer bottles and cakes on the beaches of Goa.X has also won Booker Prize award ?Who is X?
5. X has received a total of 47 Oscar nominations throughout his career, winning five. The only person who has received more nominations is Walt Disney. The director Y could be considered a lucky charm for X, as three of his 5 Oscars came for movies directed by Y. The last time X won his award was the same year Y won his first Oscar, and for the same movie too. Both X and Y have been nominated for this years Oscars as well. Identify both.
6. During WW1 a soldier X was sleeping in his tent when he dreamt that it was being bombed. He woke up and ran outside just then a bomb fell on his tent and everyone inside perished.X married just a day before his Death.X worked as a copywriter in his initial days and is also famous for the slogan he coined for Teddy Talcum powder.Who was X?
8. In 1978 X was arrested for purse snatching. Sent to Tyron school for Boys. In 1988, X married Robin Givens who divorced him after 10 months saying he was a "manic depressive". X was accused of man-handling a parking attendant outside a LA night club.Identify X?
Bill gates , Top billionares in the world1)carlos slim hue and family 2) bill gates 3) warren buffet 4) bernard arnault
10. The description of which countrys flag is : "Green, white, red (vertical). In the center is the nations coat of arms, showing a brown eagle perched on a green prickly pear with a green snake entwined in its beak, all surrounded by a wreath of oak and laurel (green leaves and red berries)?
11. X Studied Music at Trinity College. His First Song was Banned due to dirty lyrics but that didn’t stop X from making Music and now he has a great name in Punjabi music and is a Well known Music Director And a Rapper. X recently Released an album called Y on 11.11.11.Identify X and Y?
12.The concept of X first came about after the actor Y claimed that he knew everybody in Hollywood or someone whos worked with them. X is based on small world phenomenon and rests on the assumption that any individual involved in the Hollywood can be linked through his or her film roles to Y within six steps. The Z of an actor or actress is the number of degrees of separation he or she has from Y, as defined by X.Identify X, Y and Z
X=Six Degrees Of Kevin BaconY=Kevin BaconZ=Bacon Number
13. This place gets its name from the Arabic word for dust?
14.X killed a prominent Indian Leader and Minutes before his death, he had his will testified in which he said, "My ashes may be sunk in the holy Sindhu river, when she will flow again freely under the aegis of the flag of a unified Hindustan. It hardly matters if it takes a couple of generations for realising my wish. Preserve the ashes till then." Who is X?
The only three players to have scored acentury on debut in one dayinternationals.
16. X considered Y a pinnacle of female beauty and was smitten by her braveness . In 1987 he sent emissaries with a proposal of marriage , when refused , he made the proposal public through the local newspapers . But still his feelings were not reciprocated . Identify both X and Y .
17. Budhi Kunderan was a unique cricketer. He made his test debut before his first class debut.He justified his selection , however, by scoring a double century on his Ranji debut when he did make it. Apart from these he enjoys a very peculiar achievement. What?
19. In the United States, ballparks (where baseball games are held) are designed in such a way that the batters dont have to face the afternoon sun shining into their eyes. This meant that for left- handed pitchers, their throwing hand would be on the _____ side of the body while throwing. What famous sporting term did this give birth too?
23.She was born in 1861, the same year as Motilal Nehru and Rabindranath Tagore. She separated from her husband because he did not support her joining politics. A tireless crusader, she was on of the first Indian women journalists and addressed the seventh International Socialist Congress in Stuttgart. Who are we discussing?
41.The Arabic words, " ilm al - jebr wal - muq - abalah" literally mean, " reuniting what is broken", and were originally applied to bone-setting, even as late as the 17th century. The Italians took them and formed something.What?
43.On a visit to London X forgot his briefcase containing a work of his and the translation in an underground railway carriage. X contacted the railway authorities and recovered it the next day. The work went on to win the Nobel Prize. Who was the author?
46.Who is this person? B.Tech.,Chemical Engineering ,Osmania University; MBA- IIM Ahmedabad; Member of the Rohinton Baria award winning Osmania Univ. team; Biographer for Mohammed Azharuddin; Worked for sometime at the Clarion ad agency; researcher for Sunil Gavaskar presents on Doordarshan. Now a scribe in his own right?
51. He is unmarried. He has lived in a small room attached to the Sant Yadavbaba temple in Ralegan Siddhi since 1975. On 16 April 2011, he declared his bank balance of INR67,183 (US$1,500) and INR1,500 (US$30) as money in hand.He owns 0.07 hectares of family land in Ralegan Siddhi, which is being used by his brothers. Two other pieces of land donated to him by the Indian Army and by a villager have been donated by him for village use. His only income is a pension he receives from the Indian Army. Name him.
52. Apple landed itself in trouble by adopting the name iPhone because the brand-name iPhone has already been used by the company X since 2000. Later Apple won the lawsuit arguing that they branded their new phone as “Apple iPhone” and not “iPhone”. Identify X.
The connect is homers ODDYSEY.Sean bean played odysseus in movietroy. Telemachus is the son of Odyssuesand penelope, Dr coxs nickname onscrubs is Ulysses the latin name forodysseus, and o brother where art thouis the coens interpretation of homersoddysey.
Ji sung park and divide symbol are link toLinkin parks song new divide,hasbro made transformers.the ball thing is a still from movie eagle eyein which shia labeof acted(he was also theactor in transformers)and bumble bee links to the "BUMBLEBEE" in transformers and the camarosymbol beacuse "BUMBLE BEE" was acamaro.So, the connect is TRANSFORMERS.
ALL of them were included in the firstDecision ever made by 3rd Umpireusing TV Cameras as Run Out. JhontyRhodes the fielder, Sachin Tendulkar theBatsman who got Run out based on thedecision of Cyril Mitchley- first ThirdUmpire in a match along with KarlLiebenberg.
Newton was an ancestorSteve jobs bought Pixar which was the animation divisionof Industrial Light and Magic, George lucass responsiblefor the visual effects on Star WarsSteve Jobs was the Biggest Individual shareholder of WaltDIsney CorporationHe was of syrian descent (national flag of syria),He was a budhist (statue of buddha) ,He had appointed the next CEO as Tim cook (alistaircook, michael crichtons next)So,the connect is Steve jobs