Island School Redevelopment
Parent Information Session
Monday 16th June 2014
● Karen Thomas - on the experience of KJS
● Review of the stakeholder engagement process
● A brief update / parent Survey Analysis
● Christine Brendle - Parent Focus Group
● Q and A
Structure of the evening
● What were the issues?
● What was the quality of the refurbished
● Were there any effects on teaching and learning?
Kowloon Junior School
Some of the meetings which have taken place in the last academic
● 3rd September 2013 - Parent / Student Decant Workshop
● 6th March 2014 - Parent Information Evening IS;
● 17th March 2014 - Parent Focus Group Meeting;
● 31st March 2014 - Parent Focus Group Meeting;
● 30th April 2014 - Parent Information Evening IS;
● 5th May 2014 - Parent Focus Group Meeting;
● 26th May 2014 - Parent Focus Group Meeting;
● Several parent meetings at Peak and Glenealy Schools. One at
Beacon Hill School;
● Parents are on the School Council Steering Group for both
redevelopment and decant.
● Students meeting every Friday and were part of the Architect
● Decision on decant model and sites deferred until
late September / early October 2014;
● Working concertedly on transport issues.
A brief Update
● Partnership between school and parents to make
the temporary relocation a positive experience;
● Group Members giving freely of their time to
represent parent views;
● Will continue to work hard to ensure planning
secures the best interests of students and parents.
Parent Focus Group
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.