1. Selection and Establishment ofFora, Discussion Boards/Groups
2. What is fora/forum? A forum is public meeting place for open discussion of various topics. Online, a forum may also be referred to as a bulletin board or discussion area.
3. The simplistic definition of aforum is a place wherepeople have the ability tostart communication (in theform of threads) and replyto other peoples threads.
4. Basic Structure of a Forum the forum itself, its categories, the topics and the messages.
5. Basic Structure of a Forum
6. Users of a Forum Forum Owner Moderator User
7. Users of a Forum
8. Example of Forum
9. Discussion Boards/Groups A discussion board is an asynchronous communication tool that allows one individual to post a comment or question online.
10. Example of threads
11. Discussion Board is animportant tool forinterpersonal interactionand can replicate therobust discussions thattake place in thetraditional classroom.
12. It can serve a range of purposes, such as:An online meeting place for social interaction among peers.An additional medium for collaboration and the exchange of ideas.A record of discussion which can be reviewed at a later point.
13. Discussion boards,discussion forums,bulletin boards, andmessage boards typicallyrefer to the same type ofsystem.
14. Live chats provide for synchronouscommunication (all at the same time),whereas discussion boards providefor asynchronous communication(discussion over time).