1. Sport Public Relations Lecture: 1.15.13 University of Cincinnati By Jackie Reau
2. Why now ? …
3. Group AssignmentsReview projects and assignment
4. Public Relations:Using strategic communications to reach a target audience to effectively influence behavior.
5. Group AssignmentsReview projects and assignment Engaging consumers.
6. Internal Audiences & Communications*Define Internal Audiences*Define Customer Relationship Management Tool resources and software*Define Key Messages and Communications Vehicles to Share Information*Determine Frequency of Messaging
7. Segmenting Your Audiences:Men’s College Football Program*Staff*Alumni*Donors*Sponsors*Avid Fans*What news to share?*When do I share the news?*Who is the spokesperson for the news?*What is the call to action?*How do we measure our effectiveness?
8. Strategic Public Relations Planning Outline*Objective tied to a business goal*Research to support the objective of the business goal*Target audiences (internal, external)*Key messages (call to action, event details, announcement of new coach/player)*Key initiatives (how to share the information)*Budget*Staffing management (who will do it)*Timeline of activity (when will it get completed)*Measurement (metrics tied to business goal)
9. In-Class Discussion“Create a PR Plan to promote UC women’s soccer game for breast cancerawareness/pink ribbon game in 2013”ObjectiveTo raise awareness and funds for breast cancer awareness during a UC women’ssoccer game and to attract 2,000+ fans to the game at the on-campus stadium.Target Audiences*On-campus students*Breast cancer survivors,*Soccer alumni and their families*Youth soccer teams within a five mile radius to UCBudget$7,500
10. Press Release Assignment, due January 22 with typed,printed copy to be turned in at the beginning of class*Who: Mick Cronin will be honored by the NCAA for his work in the communitywith Big Brothers & Big Sisters in Cincinnati*What: An on-court ceremony will be held to honor Cronin during the Universityof Cincinnati vs. University of Pittsburgh men’s basketball game*When: Saturday, Feb. 11, at halftime of the 1 p.m. game*Where: Fifth Third Arena on the campus of the University of Cincinnati*How: Tickets are still available at www.gobearcats.com or in advance at the boxoffice