Build your website for your customer, NOT for you!
• What type of consumer are you trying to attract – lifestyle coaching, business
coaching, group mentoring programme etc
• Think about the key elements required
• Create a clear pathway to get to them from the home page to the end goal (becoming
your client/signing up to newsletter etc.)
• Remember - you may have more than one visitor type visiting your site - how do you
keep them all interested and happy?
Draw People to Your Site
• E-mail newsletters
Publish a regular e-mail newsletter
Be a responsible e-mail marketer (not a spammer) - ask your clients what
they would like to be informed about and adjust your email content
Blogs are great for coaches, keep your clients posted with new events, your
train of thought and reference material to check out
• Social Networking
Bebo, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter (John Key is making use of this
Youtube – Upload your advertising, create a video blog for your clients.
• Creating Online Communities
Work with your keywords to help your natural search ranking. Try Google
Adwords to attract motivated visitors.
• Client testimonials
Establish your credibility by showing what clients say about you, add logos
for organisations you belong to
• Media clips library
Provide audio and video material quickly and easily
Is a great way to share presentations/tips and more on your website
• Shopping cart
Sell products - physical, electronic or workshops - directly from the site
– Shop windows
Display products and services in lists
• Quick surveys
Survey your site visitors to discover their challenges and questions
• Detailed surveys
Conduct detailed surveys for client feedback, assessments and diagnostics
Keep them coming back
• Shuffle/Automatic Updates
Display a randomly-changing list of things on your site - e.g. a "tip of the week" or "photo of the
Deliver your expertise in automatically-scheduled e-mail courses
– E-Book Downloads
Publish e-books and special reports
• Events- RSS Feeds
Publish a simple Web-based calendar of events or display latest industry news straight to your
• Password-protected areas (Intranet)
Increase value by providing protected areas for selected clients
– Document Vault
Build a "resource library" of your favourite Web sites, e-books, audio clips and other
material; and choose which parts you make public or private.
• Self-assessment quizzes
Allow visitors to assess themselves & their business
Learn from the best and
delete the rest
Sites that get it right!
BUT – at the end of the day its not what your site looks
like but how it performs!
Think Coaching Case Study 1
• Current Website Snap and Current Stats.
• 40 Visitors and Low Conversion Rate
• Low Google Ranking
• She Isn’t attracting her target market.
• The Five Must haves for successful
Websites in 2010
• 82.6% of consumers are more likely to buy from
a company website that has a web commercial
• 68.4% of consumers are more likely to buy
products online after seeing a web commercial
• source: Chamberlain Research
• Why should YOU use video streaming on your
• Testimonials from your clients - let them tell your
website visitors how great you are!
• Video of you / manager / business owner,
telling your clients about your values, service and
what you have to offer
• Show your clients your service / products in
• Get others to say how good you are, to help your
Social Networking/Media Marketing
• Social Networking: driving the right visitors to your business.
• Interaction with (future) customers
• Increased online visibility
• “Meeting” people
• Improve services
• Active feedback
• Online reputation management
• Change negativity into positivity
• ONLINE PRESENCE !!!
• (About Health Screen) – Twitter, Facebook then to the website..
Search Engine Optimisation
• OutonaLym Case Study:
• We Googled "Sales Training New Zealand“ and OutonaLym didn’t come up
on Google ten pages deep.
• Similarly we searched “Corporate Training - Motivating and Inspiring the
performance of your people - doesn't come up in the first 10 within "" or
without.” and the results were the same.
• The Keyword rankings are so low. Even though these phrases are there
they are not being found as the flash imagery is blocking it.
• The opportunity that’s being lost
• “Corporate Training” – 260 People a month search this phrase
• “Leadership Training” - 720 People a month search this phrase
• “Sales Training” - 1600 People a month search this phrase.
• “Life Coach” - 2400 People a month search this phrase.
• Last month there were 91 people looking for a life coach in Christchurch.
• What would 10% of this represent to your business?
Calls For Action
• We need calls for action that are related to learning styles eg: Visual, Audio,
• Using words or images that invoke “see the results”, “hear what our customers say”,
“try this out”.
• Structure content that helps people make decisions eg: use DISC profiling within your
Dominant people want the facts and then the options eg: Promotion 1 or Promotion 2.
• Influencers want to hear or see the results. – So use video, tell stories that show this,
they like gadgets they like the coolest, they like the hottest, they’re on bloody
Facebook all day, everday ! Even in there sleep!
• Steadiness they will want to collaborate and go down a proven path, i.e offer to
partner them and show them the easiest and safest way to get there.
• Conscientiousness, they want the weight of evidence to verify the right choice, i.e
Qualifications, membership, credibility, reputation, proven track record, vs. flashiness,
How many of you know where to start with this stuff, you need help.
• Ok I know you don’t want to spam them,
but how many of you are grateful that you
got a reminder on your cell phone?
• How many of you love getting your
favourite newsletters about your favourite
• Look at the statistics the numbers
Ultimately about Return on Investment
• Only non product site of 1000
customers in Datum Connect’s
• Email marketing really works just
check out the spikes (screen shot)
• Enquiries - newsletter registrations
• 30% of business comes from the
The Real Results!
that blind woman <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM To: Gabor Sareczky
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to stop and smell my web site roses!
Now - what I discovered with my new Datum Powers is:
• many more leads through contact her
• great go to for media or prospects
• email letter increased my list 617% and climbing
• facility to sell products and services through the site
• easy to change content on the site - as easy as changing your mind
• easy to try things and if they don't work - change them
• monthly scoreboard allows you to check in on web site stats and discover that when someone
typed in "beautiful blind woman" they got to my site - ha!
• great support team just an email and phone call away
• no nasty surprises with your bills
• they don't just build web sites - they build business sites!
How's that for starters?
J that blind woman
• My Thank you to you is go to my websites
• And start listening and learning from New
Zealands #1 Internet Guru.