This presentation demonstrates the new capabilities of PowerPoint and it is best viewed in Slide Show. These slides are designed to give you great ideas for the presentations you’ll create in PowerPoint 2010!For more sample templates, click the File tab, and then on the New tab, click Sample Templates.
1. Laboratory Tools and Equipment
2. Foreign country settingTHE SCIENCE LABORATORIES…
3. Philippin e settingTHE SCIENCE LABORATORIES…
4. Did you know that… Laboratory equipment refers to the various tools and equipment used by scientists working in a laboratory.
5. Laboratory equipment isgenerally used to either performan experiment or to take measurementsand gather data.
6. Are you ready to know the different tools and equipment in the laboratory?Here they are...
7. MeasuringtoolsTesting toolsMagnifyingtools
8. Glass and Porcelain Equipment
9. Used to measure the volume of liquidsGraduated Cylinder
10. Used as a container when measuring approximate volume of liquidsBeaker
11. Graduated flask used in volumetric analysisFlorence Flask
12. Erlenmeyer flasks are suitable for heating liquids, e.g. with a Bunsen burner.Erlenmeyer flask
13. These are widely used by chemists to hold, mix, or heat small quantities of solid or liquid chemicals, especially for qualitative experiments and assays.Test tube
14. Used in filtration and in transferring liquidfunnel
15. Used as a container when observing the reaction of a substance when exposed to airWatch glass
16. Used in mixing solutions; directs the flow of liquidsStirring rod
17. Used in glass connections, preparation of medicine dropper, glass jets, etc.Glass tube
18. Used to transfer and measure small amounts of liquidMedicine dropper
19. Container for evaporationEvaporating dish
20. Used for grinding solidsMortar and pestle
21. Container for high- temperature heatingCrucible and cover
22. Container for observing small amount of solidsSpot plate
23. Used in determining the temperature of a substancethermometer
24. Metal Equipmentand Accessories
25. Iron standUsed to hold iron ring, utility clamp, etc.
26. Iron clampUsed to hold apparatusin a set-up
27. Wire gauzePlaced over the iron ring to prevent direct heating
28. Iron ringUsed assupport to the wire gauze
29. tripodUsed as astand during heating
30. Bunsen burner/ alcohol lamp Sources of heat
31. Test tube rackUsed as a stand for test tubes
32. Rubber stopperCover for test tubes and flasks; used in glass connections
33. Clay triangle Holdscrucible andcover during heating process
34. Test tube holderUsed to hold the test tubeduring heating process
35. Crucible tongsUsed to hold hotobjects, especi ally crucible and cover
36. ? But wait… There’s More! View your slides from anywhere!