Selenium Server: Interactive Mode
is a way of rapidly prototyping tests.
requires no coding whatsoever.
allows you to immediately see the results.
Starting the server in interactive mode:
java -jar selenium-server.jar -interactive [otherOptions]
Interactive Ruby Shell
• is a shell for programming in the Ruby language
• allows the programmer to experiment with codes
Writing tests (Ruby / Test::Unit)
Require the following in the test script
Create a class that subclasses Test::Unit::TestCase.
Define “setup” method to set up the common test fixture.
• create a new Selenium::Client::Driver object
• run the “start” method on the selenium driver object
Add a method that begins with quot;testquot; to the class.
• make assertions in the test method.
Define “teardown” method to tear down the test fixture.
• run to “stop” method on the selenium driver object