Social Studies 8 th Grade Exit Project
- Presentation with Graphics
- Identify an area of interest
- Develop a research question
- Preparing a plan for research
- Create a project timeline & carry out plan
- Identifying, locating, and using a variety of quality resources and materials
- Organizing notes and info
- Engaging in writing process (Draft, Edit, Revise)
- Plan for use of graphics/visuals
- Develop oral presentation
- Create speaking notes/script
- Topic (WW1, WW2, Progressive Era, etc)
- Subtopic – more specific (Ex. If WW1 – Trench warfare)
- Generate a research question. (Ex. What conditions led to the US getting involved in WW1?)
- Use at least 3 different resources.
- Page 2 – Research Focus Question
- Page 3, 4, 5 – Information you learned from your research and written IN YOUR OWN WORDS
Step Four - Presentation
- “Teach” your classmates what you’ve learned
- Your presentation must be supported by some visual component.
- Posters, diagrams, timelines, maps, charts, graphs, movies, etc.
- SUGGESTION. Use Technology (Power Point, Movie Maker, etc)