The PASS community encompasses everyone who uses the Microsoft SQL Server or
Business Intelligence Platforms. This includes database administrators, application
developers, Business Intelligence professionals, information technology professionals,
executives, consultants, educators, instructors, and students.
The Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) is the only independent, user-run,
not-for-profit association dedicated to the SQL Server community helping its
members Connect, Share, and Learn by:
• Facilitating member networking and exchange of information through our
websites, Chapters, annual Summits, regional and local events, and virtual
• Working with Microsoft to influence the evolution of SQL Server products and
• Delivering high quality, up-to-date, technical content, presentations, and other
educational material for professional development
PASS Board Nominations Now Closed for 2011/2012 Term
• The Call for Nominations for Board of Directors is now
closed! The NomCom has reviewed applications and invited
select applicants for interviews. For the latest updates please
visit the Elections Site (http://elections.sqlpass.org)
24 Hours of PASS Fall 2010 – SEPTEMBER 15 & 16
• We are holding another 24 Hours of PASS but this time with
a little twist! It will held over two days in 12-hour blocks.
Hold the dates – details to come!
SQLRally May 11-13, 2011
• New PASS education event in Spring 2011!
• Location: Orlando, Florida
– Two (2) full days of sessions
– One (1) day of pre-conference seminars
• Pricing will be announced soon
Stay tuned for more details at http://www.sqlpass.org
Free Virtual Learning for August 2010
• 8/3/2010 12:00 PM EDT, Online
PASS Performance VC Presents: Parallelism and Performance – Are You
Getting Full Return on Your CPU Investment?
• 8/11/2010 12:00 PM EDT, Online
Transactional Replication Deep Dive – Sponsored by CA
• 8/12/2010 06:30 PM EDT, Online
CBusPASS August Meeting – Stay Agile, Stay Sane
• 8/24/2010 08:00 AM EDT, Online
PASS AppDev VC Presents – Writing a better Where Clause
• 8/25/2010 12:00 PM EDT, Online
SQL Storage for Performance: Best Practices – Sponsored by CA
Check www.sqlpass.org for Updates
SQL Server News & Articles
• Blog Post: Realizing the Promise of Cloud Computing with
• SQL Server Standard article: Loading Spatial Data the SSIS
Way, by Michael Coles (login required)
• ProfDev Q&A: Interview with Steve Jones
• Tech article: Can Integrity Be Learned? By Kevin Kline
• SQL Server 2008 R2 Hosted Trial: Free Virtual Labs
• Visit www.sqlpass.org for more details
November 8 - 11 | Seattle, WA
The Premier Conference for SQL Server Professionals
Are you going to PASS Summit?
Plans are in full swing for the PASS Summit – have you registered?
• Best networking: Over 2,500 SQL Server/BI pro’s and
hundreds of Microsoft SQL Server/BI employees
• Best learning: 168 technical sessions plus networking,
hands-on labs, pre- and post-conference seminars
• Best events:
– Don’t miss the Women in Technology Luncheon, Nov 9
Topic: Recruiting, Retaining & Advancing Women in Technology: Why does
All Summit attendees welcome! Lunch will be served.
Learn more: http://www.sqlpass.org/summit/na2010
• Over the past 2 years, PASS has doubled in size with 207
chapters and 51,066 members, in 57 countries worldwide
• Over 8000 people logged in and participated in free virtual
• 24 hours of PASS (May 2010). You can view all the recordings
for free at http://www.sqlpass.org/24hours/2010
• PASS delivers between 400-500 hours of technical content
with an average of 200 events per month...
Are you a PASS Member?
• It’s FREE
• You’ll receive the bi-weekly newsletter called PASS Connector. The
newsletter includes various features such as:
– Latest news from Microsoft
– Technical articles
– Top 10 lists
– PASS Summit updates
– Contests, and more!
• Access to articles on the PASS website
Register at http://www.sqlpass.org