Static Text based No user engagement All on domain Push content vs. pull via relevancy
Primarily static Richer but not very interactive Limited user engagement Limited blend of social & off domain Push content vs. pull via relevancy Navigation & finding information still challenging Social media is a sidekick
With the rise of the real-time update streams being popularized by Facebook , Twitter and FriendFeed , users are becoming accustomed to a constantly-changing flow of pictures, videos and new snippets. Even actively-maintained websites seem locked in languid stupor in comparison. Volkswagen has replaced their corporate site URL from ads and replaced with Facebook.
Old Spice achieved millions of viral views quicker than Susan Boyle & Pre. Obama
1. Future of the Web How Social Media Will Change the Digital Experience Laurie Buczek Social Media Strategist & Digital Platform Manager
3. “ Today, many business leaders are again asking the wrong question: “What will social media do for us?” instead of “What will social media do to us?”” – Augie Ray, Forrester Research, May 2010 Intel - Public
4. Intel - Public The Past….
5. Intel - Public The Present…. Listen Engage Authentic Transparent
6. Intel - Public The Future….
7. “ The corporate website of the future will be a credible source of opinion and fact, authored by both the corporation & community. The result? A true first-stop community resource where information flows for better products and services.” – Jeremiah Owyang, Altimeter Group, May 29 th , 2007 Intel - Public
8. Intel - Public The Web Is Dead
9. Experience Vision Social Media Key Enabler of Experience
10. Social media networking is the primary drivers of Internet usage on mobile devices Source: eMarketer Social sharing is the 4 th ranked mobile feature in m-commerce effectiveness Source: Recent Adobe study Mobile Applications to surpass open Web Mobile site is focused targeted experience Intel - Public Mobile – The Next Wave “ We are moving away from the Web and toward Internet-centric applications” -Neff Hudson, Head of Customer Experience,USAA
11. Engagement is Integrated, Not Re-Directed Deliver Engaging Experiences on Domain “ Community” content incorporated
12. <ul><li>Google, Facebook, Twitter have changed the way people find information Social content surfaced in search results & global assets for re-use Social (UGC) metadata incorporated into contextual & relevancy of results Enables recommendation engine </li></ul>Intel - Public Search & Site Navigation Evolve Content Finds Us More Than We Find It
13. Social Content Becomes The Authoritative Experience Intel - Public
14. Online Customer Service Goes Social Builds Brand Loyalty While Reducing Costs Intel - Public
15. Intel - Public Site Architecture Re- Built Around User Social Sites Puts Power in Hands of Users- Expectations Turn Towards Corporate Sites Virtualization Cloud Win 7 Devices B.I.
16. Off Domain Becomes The Domain Intel - Public
17. Loyalty Programs & “Premium Content” Evolve Intel - Public Sales to Old Spice Doubled
18. Social Media Delivers the Experience <ul><li>Building Blocks for the Future </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Mobile site & mobile app build-out </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Designate social content as “authoritative” & feature as main site content </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Integrate user generated metadata into robust search engine & personalization intelligence </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Consider fruitful off domain sites as on “domain” alternatives </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Mashups, content aggregation, widgets pull in engagement without redirection </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Incorporate share features & social site relevance add-ins </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Test new ways to build brand loyalty & sales </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Invest in identifying use cases & user personas- blueprint for site architecture/UXI/experience </li></ul></ul>
19. Questions? Intel - Public
20. Connect with Me <ul><li>Laurie Buczek </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>Twitter: @lauriegbuczek </li></ul><ul><li>LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/laurieb </li></ul><ul><li>Whitepaper & blogs: http://communities.intel.com/community/it </li></ul><ul><li>Beyond the Cube: http://www.lauriebuczek.com </li></ul>